Beta Testing

tecknical

While I do realize that the software is still in Alpha, I can't help but wonder, how will Beta Testing be handled? Will the "early adopters" be the ones that will do beta testing, or will there be a beta testing team?

I'm wondering because I'd love to play with the template system, and I'm sure many others are itching to create some plugins and skins already. It'd also be nice to launch with plugins and themes already created ;)

I myself would LOVE to test this software when it comes out. Please keep us informed. There was so much in the old VB that I wish I had input on while it was developed.

Heh, when it's out, I'll evaluate it and make an informed decision then. Everyone who is 'chomping at the bit' to convert to this new software should also do this, evaluate if your community *needs* a conversion, no point putting it through one if it's not needed. (just sayin, I know everyone is excited, but those who are pledging to convert all their sites, without even largely testing or seeing the code, I see this as a bit silly. )

Heh, when it's out, I'll evaluate it and make an informed decision then. Everyone who is 'chomping at the bit' to convert to this new software should also do this, evaluate if your community *needs* a conversion, no point putting it through one if it's not needed. (just sayin, I know everyone is excited, but those who are pledging to convert all their sites, without even largely testing or seeing the code, I see this as a bit silly. )

I agree, way to early to think of it, however, it does speak quite a bit about peoples view of their current forum software..

Although I want to try this product so bad, I know there are still areas that need some work. I wouldn't mind to be one of the early adopters and start messing with features that need beta testing :p

Many people are talking about adopting this platform for new sites, and eventually converting to XF when features/mods they require are supported.

I am sure they've already taken a lot of that into account.

I think everybody would want to test it.

This is WHY we have a testbed server :). I'd love to be playing with an alpha build right *now*. Stability and safety for use on a public server aren't really an issue on a testbed system, I want to get in and play with the templating, get a feel for the plugin architecture and REALLY want to get in with Navicat and take a look at the DB!

Totally understand the development cycle though, we'll be here waiting when an XF beta is ready to see the light of day. Or the light of testbed scrutiny in any case ;)

Top Bottom