Beta Testing

tecknical

While I do realize that the software is still in Alpha, I can't help but wonder, how will Beta Testing be handled? Will the "early adopters" be the ones that will do beta testing, or will there be a beta testing team?

I'm wondering because I'd love to play with the template system, and I'm sure many others are itching to create some plugins and skins already. It'd also be nice to launch with plugins and themes already created ;)

I would love to help out with beta testing. :) And I know that I'll be able to persuade a number of people from my forums to help testing.
So, please consider this my official application to beta-test if there is a public beta test. Oh wait, of course there is - this isn't vBulletin after all, which as we know needed no testing at all and just went gold. It's magic!

So, please consider this my official application to beta-test if there is a public beta test.

Depends on what you mean by "public beta test." They're not just going to release the code they have currently for open download and say, "Go for it!" That would be insanity. I'm guessing when they feel they're ready to offer a beta version for download, they'll begin license sales, and I would assume that your license would get you access to the beta and the first release. The 6 months/1 year renewal period would probably start on the day of the first gold release. I can't really see them "charging" you (by taking up your renewal period) for a beta release. :)

Top Bottom