beta 3, beta 4, RC1?

Ah. C'mon, they've been working around the clock! Cut them some slack! :(

Its vbulletin all over again, where tons of people asking for beta 3, beta 4, beta 5, RC1, RC2, RC3.....Eh. you get the point.
I don't see a problem with the question asked, people are waiting for the gold release to launch their sites, he's not rushing the dev's, merely asking what the map looks like on the road to Gold.

And will people please stop referring back to vBulletin for every damn topic, it's getting really old now.

how many betas release we see depends on how many bugs gets reported prior to the beta release right?
so less bugs means faster we see rc? doubt the devs will pull an internetbrand where more bugs introduces itself then intial fixes on each releases

Kind of pointless to ask, really, given that when that information is ready to become public knowledge, it will be announced regardless of how many times they're asked about it.

Maybe because it's been asked a few times before?
Then just ignore it. Why bash when ignore works just as well and does not leave anyone with hurt feelings or being angry.

I still think it is a valid question as many of us, me included, simply want to know every little detail we can find. Is it realistic to think that Xen can and should hold our hands and tell us every little detail about what is going on? Of course not, but can't hurt to ask. On a serious side though, the sooner I know when RC1 & Stable will be available the sooner I will buy more licenses for myself and the sooner I will recommend it to my clients.

So is there any beta 3, 4 ?
or we move to RC?
Gold version release early December or new year?
The announcement said there aren't many (large) bugs discovered since beta 1. This is a good sign in terms of progress. Since this is version 1.0 the chance for lots of new bugs to be discovered is also lower because there are simply less features and thus complexity in the code that can cause bugs to develop. So you can expect a shorter release life cycle than for example with vB. So, you should probably not expect lots of beta's/RC's, but of course you never know for sure. Hope this more or less answers your question :)

It's also really dependent on how much the devs want to re-work and add features during the beta stage. Already for example, they're looking for feedback on the styling system to make certain it provides the control we need while at the same time not becoming overly complex. We're also likely to see more suggested features added in prior to the RC builds, which could produce a few bugs (and maybe not).

The best way to think about it is that the developers are working to release a solid product, and Kier and Mike in particular have a proven track record when it comes to software development. I trust that whenever they think the product is stable enough to move to RC or Final, it's ready.

Plus the importing still needs tweaking.
I'm assuming many people will be importing their vB sites once stable.
If they can wait that long.

This muffin is not coming out of the oven until it's done.
Or at least a gooey delight. :)

Top Bottom