Beta 2 to Beta 3

Pope Viper

After getting into the admin CP, I receive this:

Error

This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.[/quote]

What is the URL of the page that gives that error? You can censor out your domain if you want, but we need to know the end of the URL.

Also, what steps produce this error? Are you doing something specific after logging in?

Update: If I click on another link in the adminCP, it gives me the attached screenshot:

After selecting "complete upgrade", the upgrade continued/completed.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 34
Jake Bunce said:
What is the URL of the page that gives that error?

http://www.templeofevil.com/xf/admin.php?login/login

I browse to http://www.templeofevil.com/xf/install/index.php?upgrade/, enter in my email address/PW to enter the upgrade system, then type in my admin information, and boom, I get that error.

[This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.]

Is javascript disabled in your browser? The Admin CP requires javascript.

With javascript disabled it's possible to expose the POST action with a failed login attempt. The POST action then becomes the redirect location following a successful second login attempt. I was able to reproduce this on my forum. Though I'm not sure this qualifies as a bug since the Admin CP specifically requires javascript.

Update: If I click on another link in the adminCP, it gives me the attached screenshot:

After selecting "complete upgrade", the upgrade continued/completed.

Can you login to the Admin CP now that the upgrade is done?

This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.
The same thing happened when I upgraded, for what it's worth. I don't remember what I did - I probably just went back to /install or admin.php and everything proceeded fine. No details, I know, not exactly helpful. But it did strike me as buggy. And it has nothing to do with javascript.

Pope Vipe said:
This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

The same thing happened when I upgraded, for what it's worth. I don't remember what I did - I probably just went back to /install or admin.php and everything proceeded fine. No details, I know, not exactly helpful. But it did strike me as buggy. And it has nothing to do with javascript.

Hmm. I played with this for a while yesterday, speculating as to how that could happen. Javascript is all I could come up with.

We really need instructions to reproduce the problem.

I just tested this with the upgrade process and found a similar problem as before.

A failed login attempt on the upgrade page exposes the POST action (admin.php?login/login) and takes you to the Admin CP login form. At this point you have left the upgrade page completely. A successful second login attempt redirects you to admin.php?login/login via GET which further confuses the problem with a 'This action is available via POST only' error.

The upgrade login form shouldn't take you to the Admin CP after a failed login attempt. It should keep you on the upgrade page for successive login attempts.

I think this qualifies as a bug so I have posted it:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ttempt-takes-you-away-from-upgrade-page.7942/

Top Bottom