1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta 1 > Beta 3 Major Issues

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Anthony Parsons, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

When I click on a users name I now get in the member card popup:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'session_activity.ip' in 'field list'
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct()inZend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.phpat line381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line467
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line725
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow()inXenForo/Model/User.phpat line295
    6. XenForo_Model_User->getUserById()inXenForo/Model/User.phpat line627
    7. XenForo_Model_User->getFullUserById()inXenForo/ControllerHelper/UserProfile.phpat line75
    8. XenForo_ControllerHelper_UserProfile->getUserOrError()inXenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.phpat line444
    9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionCard()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line303
    10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
    11. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/******/index.phpat line15
    This upgrade has been anything but nice...

I had to revert the DB and files to the backup versions, though even after I did this, it kept telling me an upgrade was in progress, even though I backed up all the files and DB before I started the process.

Then after only uploading the beta3 files, it would tell me that it was already running beta3, even though I restored a beta1 DB.

Now I have the above errors after rebuilding master data...

2. Anthony Parsons

Everything to do with user profiles is actually busted, giving out similar errors.

3. Anthony Parsons

Don't worry.... got it sorted out myself.

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the previous betas disappear from the downloads area when new versions come out. Might be a good idea to at least download each beta version in case something strange happens and you need the intermediate beta version for some reason (upgrade in 2 steps instead of skipping a step).

EQnoble and Anthony Parsons like this.
  5. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I don't delete anything that was ever important for these type of random reasons :) Gotta love storage space.

Thanks for the tip Dean I wouldn't have even thought of that seeing that I went in succession as they were released.

6. Sagar

Sagar Active Member

This is interesting, I upgraded my forum today and had no issues. Everything is running fine. Is it to do with any add ons by any chance? I am running vanilla version.

7. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

This would indicate that the upgrade script did not run correctly, as that ip field was added in the beta 2 -> beta 3 upgrade script, and all sorts of things will break without it being present.

8. Anthony Parsons

Thanks Kier... that's what I figured, but got it to eventually all run again from a backup.

9. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Got the same issue

10. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

VincentU, did you upgrade from B1 directly to B4? All changes from B2 and B3 should have been applied by B4's upgrade script.

11. Vincent

B1 -> B2 -> B3 -> B4

That's how I've done it :) Yet, it's only in B4 that it came up.
    Should I do an overwrite of all the B4 files (not the upgrade package)?

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you do that then be aware that you need to preserve the following directories and files from your current install:
    /data
    /internal_data
    /library/config.php
    /styles/<your_style>
    .HTACCESS

You could just upload the upgrade package as that doesn't include the following:
    /data
    /internal_data
    .HTACCESS

Then just make sure you replace the config.php with your own.

13. Vincent

Well, I have already uploaded the B4 package, so it should be fine. I think the error is at my XenForo Installation :(

14. Vincent

Mind telling what you did so other people can do it too? :)

15. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can run this query:
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE xf_session_activity ADD ip INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
    I can only guess that this happens if the necessary upgrade script hasn't been uploaded at the correct time. I will have to see if I can reproduce it though.

16. Vincent

I'll try it soon. Installing phpMyAdmin at the moment.
    Anyhow, I downloaded the upgrade script, overwrited all files with that and started the upgrade system, than I've let it do it's things and when finished, the error was at the member profile. That's what I've done :)

17. Vincent

It works, thanks :)

18. Phases

Phases Active Member

Is this definitely the case? I'm about to upgrade to Beta 5, but am on Beta 3. I am unable to download 4 (I do wish all would be available in the drop down). Traditionally I'd be more comfortable doing it in steps, which is why I'd like to verify.

Thanks

19. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I tested an upgrade from beta 2 to beta 5 without any issues.

20. Vincent

Ah, no, that was not the problem, when I had that error I went for b3 to b4, so matey, just start your upgrade already :)