1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Best way to export and import users?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by iamjudd, Sep 4, 2015.

1. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

So I am completely rebuilding my forum and I was wondering what the best way to export and import users would be?

Simple export users table from old database and import to new?

Would usergroups follow them if the same exact usergroups are made on the new forum?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I wouldn't really recommend it, but the only approach would really be a XenForo-to-XenForo import. There may be some element which don't necessarily convert over though.

3. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

Is there a better practice for complete re-builds?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What do you mean by a "complete re-build"?

What are you trying to do?

5. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

Fresh install of XF, style, etc...

6. Brogan

Why do you want to do a fresh install but keep the current members?

What is the issue with your current installation?

7. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

Mainly some major style issues have been messed up and my OCD wants to do everything fresh.

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Can't you just create a new style on your existing site and start that from scratch?

9. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

Also things in my backend are not showing as they should and apprently it has had nothing to do with the developers of certain plugins.

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Such as? It still may be better to get to the bottom of this than trying to do a fresh install whilst keeping some stuff.

11. Brogan

I agree with Martok.

It should be relatively simple to resolve any issues, rather than attempting to do a new installation and retain the users, etc.

12. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

So the biggest issue im having with my backend is a few plugins (BD widgets, AD Donate, and a few others) will display blank pages so I cannot configure anything for those.
    I've talked to the devs and it doesn't seem to be an issue with their plugin and I just don't have the knowledge to figure out why it is doing what it is now.

For the styles I think I may like you guys suggested just removed the styles and just do fresh installs of the styles and see if they fix my little issues.

If anyone is willing to take a look at my backend with me I would even appreciate that!

13. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

So is it not safe to export xf_user from sql then import into the new database?