Best time to buy?

billybatz9

When would be the best time to buy? I don't like dealing with the coding and all that when new updates come out, especially new looks. So when would be the best time to buy the forum? whens the next update coming out?

When would be the best time to buy? I don't like dealing with the coding and all that when new updates come out, especially new looks. So when would be the best time to buy the forum? whens the next update coming out?
It's hard to say.

The next version 1.1.5 will be next but it's difficult to put a time scale on that. Good news is that point releases are always pretty painless.

1.2 is the next major version and I think we're probably months away from that rather than weeks. So now is a pretty good time, I guess.

<promo> Buy now and receive your spanking new license, wait!!! there's more. We'll throw in a free teddy bear brogan bot you can cuddle into on those cold winter nights, we're not going to stop there, hell no!! there's more. We're throwing in a bouncing talking Jake Bunce toy that'll alert you on the hour every hour "no more waiting is required" Buy now!!</promo>

<promo> By now and receive your spanking new license, wait!!! there's more. We'll throw in a free teddy bear brogan bot you can cuddle into on those cold winter nights, we're not going to stop there, hell no!! there's more were throwing in a talking Jake bunce toy that'll alert you on the hour every hour "no more waiting is required" Buy now!!</promo>

Let's not forget your free check up and toothbrush from www.bbsmiles.com/

Sales man voice:

Tired of slow and buggy forum software? Users not happy with what you've got? Looking to make things easier?

Well look no further! XenForo 1.1.4 is fast, secure, user friendly, and affordable.

So hurry, digital operators are ready to take your order http://xenforo.com/purchase/

But wait, there's more.... With XenForo comes a friendly and helpful community to help support you, along with paid & free alternative styles, add-ons, modifications, and templates to better customize XenForo to fit your needs.

What are waiting for? Now is the time to buy http://xenforo.com/purchase/

:p

(All seriousness, the best time is always when you're ready. But the process is easy & is painless.)

If you are starting a brand new community then anytime is a good time to buy, because these upgrades are not on point releases. The subscription is a yearly subscription to the latest version. So if one purchases a license today, that license you own forever and receive 1 year of upgrades. After the 1st year, one can decide at anytime to renew.

If you have an existing community I would look through the Have You Seen...? section and the Resource and Add-on Releases section, first. Second, plan the import. Third, see if you can make the switch with the existing community. Forth, decide on purchasing the license.

When you say yearly subscription to the lastest version... if in 9 months, they come out with a 2.0, can I get that? Or do I have to pay extra for a newer version?

I think updates are for the 1.X.X releases for that term period. So I don't think you'd be able to update to 2.0 since that's a completely new version. But that's me just speculating, I didn't see it state anything in particular.

When you say yearly subscription to the lastest version... if in 9 months, they come out with a 2.0, can I get that? Or do I have to pay extra for a newer version?
yes, you only pay for 1 year and you get all the latest versions. when your subscription has expired, you have a choice of renewing or not. you still own the software with or without a yearly subscription.

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

I would really like to know this..I always hate how versions 2, 3, 4 and so forth change A LOT. It messes with a lot of peoples forums. Plus if you have custom work, it messes that up as well. You would have to get it re-done.

Thanks for the reply faerosayn

so 2.0 would be available for me than if its in the 1 year span? I would not have to pay extra for version 2 correct?
You are correct. If you bought XenForo 1.1.4 and 3 months from now 1.2 comes out, you would get that for free. And if 6 months later 2.0 came out, you would also get that for free.

Your purchase comes with 1 full year of updates. Regardless of version number.

After the 1st year, you could pay $40 for the renew fee which would add another 1 full year. If you decided to not renew (for whatever reason), the software would still be yours and you could continue to use it forever (but you would not get updates until you renewed).

I hope I have answered your question. But if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask :)

Top Bottom