Best Theme?

Default XenForo style :)

Has never let me down.

The default theme (customised a bit)

Yeah, if you can work with the default, it's definitely solid and regularly updated. I have toyed with it.

However, @Pixel Exit styles have some nice additional features in the underlying framework that I have leveraged over the years so I would probably dip into that well again if I was redesigning or starting a new site. I found working with just default a bit limiting after working with Flat Awesome+ from Pixel Exit. @nodle already posted the link.

https://pixelexit.com/ every time. Great themes, superb support if you need it (y)
What about U.I X?

Best theme? Probably "Mannix." "Hawaii 5-0" would run a close second.
Those are good but the theme from "Greatest American Hero" is what you'll find yourself singing along to. 😁

(Movie themes would be harder to pin down since there are so many great songs but I'd go with the original "Top Gun" theme... "Highway to... the danger zone!". See, it's in your head now. 🤣)

I don't know anything about chat. Always believed and observed it nullifies your forum threads.
Yeah, my NSFW writing site has chat and there's almost two separate communities there: forums and chatrooms. A few people go back and forth but whenever I pop into the chat for a peek (I'm a forum guy), there's almost no one I know because most of the people I interact with on the forums are as chat-averse as I am.

And Article system, is Xenporta still active or there a new one?
No updates in a while but it is still around and Jaxel does still pop in occasionally to answer questions in the support thread for it in Resources. I imagine that if 2.3 requires it, there probably will be an update then. I quite like it but stopped using it for other reasons.

And Article system, is Xenporta still active or there a new one?
Do you want an article system, or do you want something that is more along the lines of a portal?

If you want a full-fledged article system, go with anything by Bob at http://xenaddons.com. His add-ons are hands down some of the most in-depth and well put together, especially as far as content goes. Bob is always updating and working on his add-ons, and they get frequent updates throughout the year.

If you want to just display articles from a forum, you can go the route of using Audentio/ThemeHouse Feeds add-on, and just use the default article thread type from XenForo; this gives you flexibility of also grouping other content types together as alternative feeds.

XenPorta would also work, but it is not as in-depth as AMS (article management system) and not as flexible as Feeds with article thread types.

Do you want an article system, or do you want something that is more along the lines of a portal?

If you want a full-fledged article system, go with anything by Bob at http://xenaddons.com. His add-ons are hands down some of the most in-depth and well put together, especially as far as content goes. Bob is always updating and working on his add-ons, and they get frequent updates throughout the year.

If you want to just display articles from a forum, you can go the route of using Audentio/ThemeHouse Feeds add-on, and just use the default article thread type from XenForo; this gives you flexibility of also grouping other content types together as alternative feeds.

XenPorta would also work, but it is not as in-depth as AMS (article management system) and not as flexible as Feeds with article thread types.
Atm I have Xenporta 1, and have promoted articles will I be able to transfer the promoted articles?

Atm I have Xenporta 1, and have promoted articles will I be able to transfer the promoted articles?
Promoted articles in XenPorta I believe are just threads, so you can convert to an article with the current version of AMS.

As far as anything with XenPorta, I do not use it so I could not really tell you.

Reactions: psx
Pixel Exit hasn't given updates to his themes since April 22?

Our latest versions work great on the current version of XenForo with no outdated templates. We made some changes a while back to really focus on the primary complaint of how hard third-party styles were to update. The primary changes were a reduction in template modifications and an overall cleanup in the templates. It resulted in easier upgrades and not requiring updates as often.

We're still supporting them and will be in the foreseeable future. (y)

Top Bottom