Best Option? / gConverter / url's

xsoli

Hello.

Currently I am using MyBB 1.6.6.
My forum has 230,000 posts and 6000 members.
I'm looking at two options right now,

MyBB -> phpBB -> XenForo

OR

http://gconverter.com/mybb-to-xenforo/

Has anyone taken the MyBB, phpBB, XenForo path? Is there a better option? Do you need to reset users passwords?
Has anyone used gConverter? Are they safe and reliable?
------

Next question.
The XenForo url scheme is completely different to that of MyBB's, what can I do about this?

Thank you.

Passwords are preserved when using official XenForo importers, I can't comment on how they are handled by other importers.

I am not familiar with the site you have linked to.

You will need to put some redirects in place if you want to forward traffic from old links. Try searching to see if anyone else has already done this for MyBB.

Hello.
Currently I am using MyBB 1.6.6.
My forum has 230,000 posts and 6000 members.
I'm looking at two options right now,
MyBB -> phpBB -> XenForo
OR
http://gconverter.com/mybb-to-xenforo/
Has anyone taken the MyBB, phpBB, XenForo path? Is there a better option? Do you need to reset users passwords?
Has anyone used gConverter? Are they safe and reliable?

Just want to inform, as far as I know xenForo importer can keep vBulletin user passwords only, if you use MyBB -> phpBB -> XenForo you'll loose these data:
  • User Passwords
  • User Profile data (about 80%)
  • Category/Forum/subForum parent-child relationship
  • Forum data: last topic, last poster, number of topics and posts..
  • Topic data: last topic, last poster, number of views and posts..
  • File attachments, images.
  • Lots of bbCode issues...
My friend had tried to do such a conversion, however he wasn't satisfied, he lost about 1/3 forum data. He asked gConverter guys to help. They have a rich portfolio and ton of good recommendations, as far as I remember they did it very good, so he was happy with the result.

Next question.
The XenForo url scheme is completely different to that of MyBB's, what can I do about this?

This issue was solved too, they provide 301 redirection list for .htaccess file, it'll do 301 permanent redirection from old forums and topics to new xenForo forums and posts, so you'll not have any problem with search engines and visitors.

Top Bottom