1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Framework or Addon: what's best option for a CMS?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Markos, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I have researched a coder for doing a multisite CMS with these features. Founded one that give me 2 choices for developing one:
    I'm not a coder or a Xenforo expert and i'm unsure of what is better for my needs...can you give me your opinions about that? @digitalpoint @Stuart Wright

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

XenForo addon. Much better in the long run in my opinion.

Alfa1 and Markos like this.
  3. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I have forgotten to add that (the pro/cons for every choice given by the coder):
    I'm a little unsure because i'm going to invest a lot of money in that...and i don't want to make the wrong choice.

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

The front end of our editorial is a Xenforo addon. The CMS back end is external to Xenforo and allows the contributors to enter content into the editorial tables in the Xenforo database.
    We only have the one site that the editorial is used on.

Markos likes this.
  5. DivokyMuz

DivokyMuz Member

I would prefer the add-on, because it is easier to use for the rest of our team, while moderating and handling the site.

Markos likes this.
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd do it as an addon, but that's just because I'm anal and if I make it exactly how I want I don't have to deal with things not working exactly like I want. :)

Markos and Alfa1 like this.
  7. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I know you are the god of php :D, thank you all for your replies! I have contacted the coder and asket to have an addon. Hope to see a good work. :D