External Framework or Addon: what's best option for a CMS?

Markos

I have researched a coder for doing a multisite CMS with these features. Founded one that give me 2 choices for developing one:
1. Write an add-on for XenForo. We will have site manager, article manager, ads manager... follow your request. Article will be served based on the domain name which user currently accessing. For example: user go to video.site.com, only articles for video.site.com will be shown.
2. Use Yii Framework to write a third-party CMS which will connect to XenForo to share user information and do the things as you have requested.

So which option should you choose?
1. This option will be family with you as it relies on XenForo so it probably easy to use. But for multiple site CMS, it might be not a good idea to use a single add-on to handle this.
2. It might need a little bit of time to use but not that hard. This option will give you more powerful CMS that can control your multiple sites.

I'm not a coder or a Xenforo expert and i'm unsure of what is better for my needs...can you give me your opinions about that? @digitalpoint @Stuart Wright

Last edited:
I have forgotten to add that (the pro/cons for every choice given by the coder):
So which option should you choose?
1. This option will be family with you as it relies on XenForo so it probably easy to use. But for multiple site CMS, it might be not a good idea to use a single add-on to handle this.
2. It might need a little bit of time to use but not that hard. This option will give you more powerful CMS that can control your multiple sites.

I'm a little unsure because i'm going to invest a lot of money in that...and i don't want to make the wrong choice.

The front end of our editorial is a Xenforo addon. The CMS back end is external to Xenforo and allows the contributors to enter content into the editorial tables in the Xenforo database.
We only have the one site that the editorial is used on.

I would prefer the add-on, because it is easier to use for the rest of our team, while moderating and handling the site.

Personally, I'd do it as an addon, but that's just because I'm anal and if I make it exactly how I want I don't have to deal with things not working exactly like I want. :)

I know you are the god of php :D, thank you all for your replies! I have contacted the coder and asket to have an addon. Hope to see a good work. :D

Top Bottom