Best / Favorite XenForo 2.x Addons?

arn

This is a bit of a test of the new Q&A thread type, but also a useful topic.

What are your favorite or most useful Xenforo 2.x addons?

• One reply per add-on. Can describe why it's useful. Links to said add-on would be helpful.
  • Upvote replies if already mentioned rather than duplicate replying

arn

Here's a great one by @Kirby
[Kirby] Public Account Upgrades
It makes your account upgrade page public so guests can see the description and price of memberships instead of a no permission message. They are prompted to login if they click to buy. Very cool!
Unfortunately it is not in Resources, it was attached to one of his posts here after I requested it. Maybe he will add it!

nice. that one's a real hidden gem as it's otherwise unfindable. some of the other add-ons allow this too, but it's nice to have it available as a separate feature.

there is no such thing as "the best addon". Everyone has different needs and needs for what is missing at XenForo. So everyone will see what they use as the best. This is unfair because it does not say what the best addon is, but what is most lacking in XF ...

Should people be using this thread to tout their own addons?

Mine's better than yours nah nah nah nah nah - very juvenile.
.the man advised an add-on that performs certain functions. I advised an add-on that performs the same functions, but has its advantages. I did this not because it is "mine", but because it is better.

I think this one is the most used by my users.

I really think xenforo devs should work on improving the widgets and make it easier to handle them, especially for use on a front page.

It's doable today and I have been using it for a very long time, showing the latest news, most read news the last four days. most read threads in a category or forum the last days.
But I think many admins are not aware what can be done. Make widgets that easily give us new ways to find interesting content, I'll probably not use Search forums, but would probably use a widget with that functionality,

Siropu Ads Manager 2. We find this to be invaluable. It handles the entire banner process from signing them up to invoicing and taking payments, emails to advertisers, placement of banners, statistics, etc. We have access to this system set up as a usergroup, and we grant access when someone inquires about advertising. It's pretty much self service after that, and they get to monitor their stats/performance or upload new banners (which we have to approve). It lets us define a graduated pricing program with discounts for longer terms, supports coupons, etc. It lets us define a custom XF group that gets enabled only while the advertiser is active, which we use to put a special title on the advertiser's posts, etc.

We also use it for internal banners of our own, in other places, for holidays and system ads. The support is always excellent, when we have had questions.

We couldn't be happier with this purchase.

I don't think I saw this one in here. It's a must for me because I can't stand the notification bell clearing all of your notifications at once just because you clicked on it. With this, they won't clear until you read each one.

If you sell account upgrades and have a special user group upgrade to go with them, this is a must. It'll change their group instantly so they can have their new perks right away.

Top Bottom