Best Cheap VPS?

What game are you planning on running? I don't really know many VPS hosts (especially not Windows) that allow you to run gameservers. You might be better off getting a small, cheap dedicated server. Of course that's going to raise your budget, but that might be your only option.

If you need to run game servers one recommendation is nfoservers.com

They are not the cheapest in the VPS arena but they do offer windows servers, they are a gaming server provider.

Just wondering if I am paying more for a $10 VPS with
  • No Setup Fee
  • 30 GB Disk Storage
  • 125 GB Bandwidth
  • 512 MB Guaranteed RAM
  • 1 IP Address

https://ifastnet.com/portal/vpshosting.php

Their service is good, I have been using their shared hosting for sometime
If you manage that yourself, you can get double the RAM from DigitalOcean for the same price or from Linode you can get double the RAM for half that price.

I've been on Linode for years and never had a problem. The backup service is great and every time I've needed to contact support they have been very quick to answer. Plus they now offer a $5 a month plan if you don't need a lot of resources.

+1 for Linode. Excellent provider for unmanaged VPSes. They do have a managed service (that is rather costly) but I have no experience with it.

$5/mo
1 GB RAM
1 CPU Core
20 GB SSD Storage
1 TB Transfer

$10/mo
2 GB RAM
1 CPU Core
30 GB SSD Storage
2 TB Transfer

I have been working with remote servers including shared, dedicated and vps. I have tried many different host providers. I have been with linode since 2009. I have even trialed a few since then but Linode is hard to beat.

I am fully recommended for ExcelNode if you are looking for fully managed private VPS server. All managed VPS plans come with cPanel/WHM Installed, Instant Setup and 24/7 Dedicated Support .... :love: (y)

Best cheap VPS not exists, if you want good VPS it will cost about 50$ per month.
That is not strictly correct.

For small to medium sites with an admin who is capable of managing a VPS themselves, there are several good cheap solutions such as Linode and DigitalOcean that cost around $5-10 per month. You only need to spend the $50 per month figure you stated if you are running a large forum that requires more resources (self managed) or are using a managed service VPS for a medium to large site (even small sites can get a managed VPS solution for $30 or less from various hosts including Nimbus Hosting).

Managed VPS is 30$ + Control panel 13/15$, so good luck with VPS for 5-10$ per month.

Intel Xeon X5650 2.8GHz 3 cores 12 threads / 2.8GHz 120GB HDD 4GB RAM Unlimited Bandwidth 1Gbps Fully Managed SolusVM SAS 15K HDD RAID10 24/7 technical-monitor support"

so good luck with VPS for 5-10$ per month

For small to medium sites with an admin who is capable of managing a VPS themselves, there are several good cheap solutions such as Linode and DigitalOcean that cost around $5-10 per month.
I've emphasised this as you seem to have missed it - an unmanaged solution for a capable admin.

Managed VPS is 30$ + Control panel 13/15$
That's if you require a managed VPS which some capable admins would not. Similarly a control panel isn't required (I don't use one, I'm more than happy to deal with stuff via command line hence saving the resources that a control panel requires).

VPS without CP is very sucks, and i talking about Fully Managed VPS, 50$ is good price.
It probably does suck if you require a CP. Some admins don't need one though, the command line is more than adequate and far less resource hungry. As the OP is looking at all options, that could include unmanaged as well as managed. For unmanaged, a $5-$10 VPS solution from Linode, DigitalOcean or various other similar decent hosts would be more than suitable for some sites.

VPS without CP is very sucks, and i talking about Fully Managed VPS, 50$ is good price.
Only if you lack the technical skills.

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 8.05.21 AM.webp

As you can see, prices are very reasonable and if you do have the technical skills, it's foolish to restrict yourself to a panel when you can utilize those resources more efficiently.

Install CentOS and @eva2000's CentMin Mod and you have a VERY nice system set up with minimal fuss.

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 8.08.39 AM.webp

I can guarantee you with a panel, the above resource usage would be MUCH higher.

One "bad" thing about most of those "managed VPS" (or even server) solutions is that they require the use of cPanel... so then you are limited to either Apache or paying for LiteSpeed (HTTP server) for a high performance solution.
Very few management solutions utilize a "naked" system, requiring panels which rob resources and in many ways limit you.

Top Bottom