Implemented "Best answer" function.

bookmark

Typically,many users will create a thread to ask some questions and others will answer with posts.This is very popular in many forums.
I need the "Best answer" button in every following post and the thread creator could choose which would be the best answer for him.
It will more efficient if other users have similar question and they can find the answers quickly.

I don't know whether I states clearly.;)

Upvote 52
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I love the idea of this, however, I think a bit more integration would also be nice. For example, instead of simply giving the OP a link to click to choose the best answer, perhaps (for the forums the feature is enabled in) automatically show a post as the best answer if it has the most likes in that topic? Different approach, but that way it's not just a new feature flying solo but it's fully integrated into the already existing features on the software.

And it's good to hear from Kier that something like this is planned, no matter how it is implemented/integrated. (y)

I'm very glad I stumbled on this thread!

Forums are such a great resource for information, but unfortunately the best information in a post can be buried 10 pages and 134 posts into a thread.

I've always wanted a post voting system and then a toggle for uses to change the sort order of a thread from chronological order to "best rating" order, and the ability to toggle back and forth.

Eventually I want all my forums to have a button at the top of each thread that toggles between sorting posts / replies by "Most Liked / Chronological" order. That way a user can view a thread in the standard order of when they were posted or sort a thread by the most "up-voted" or posts with the most reputation within that thread. The framework (like / reputation system) is already here... it's just a matter of allowing the system to resort the order of the posts on view. Definitely not an easy project, but I think one that would really be a differentiators in the forum space as well as a very well used feature for visitors.

Wouldn't it make sense to leverage the existing "Like" system vs. adding on an entirely new rating system? I wonder if I could pay someone to create an addon that would create a "Sort By Most Likes" toggle button at the top of each thread???

Would like to see a real Q&A node like Yahoo! Answers, where answers can be voted up or down and all posts must be answers. Comments should replies to answers and not marked as an answer. Best Answer can be marked by author or a total of the votes, or both (seen at top). Thanks

Would like to see a real Q&A node like Yahoo! Answers, where answers can be voted up or down and all posts must be answers. Comments should replies to answers and not marked as an answer. Best Answer can be marked by author or a total of the votes, or both (seen at top). Thanks

If you support the suggestion, you need to like the first post in the thread. That is how the developers gauge interest in suggestions.

Top Bottom