1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Begin installation" error

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Joshua, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

After I click Begin Installation at step 1b (/install/index.php?install/step/1b) the button goes inactive for a couple seconds then reactivates. A click again and it loads a new page with "Error: You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed."
    I dropped all tables via PHPMyAdmin and the same thing happens again and again. I have 8 active XF licenses, many on this same machine - never have come across this before.
    Please help

2. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Maybe try deleting the database and starting with a fresh database. Also, did you give the user to this database all privileges?

3. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

Tried giving it a brand new DB. No dice.
    The user has ALL privileges

4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I came across this problem previously, the tables were being created and then the server would hang and not proceed.

I *think* it was a mod security errror, can you check if you have it enabled?

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I had this recently when I was trying to use MySQL 5.6 on my local machine. I gave up and went back to 5.5.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  6. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

Will check on modsecurity
    Currently installed: MySQL 5.5.28

7. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

Now I can select to remove all existing tables from the db, when I do so it hangs on a 500 ISE

8. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Have you checked your servers error log? Sometimes more information can be found there for 500 error codes.

9. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

10. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Timeout of 40 seconds. And seemingly creating some of the tables.

I would see if your hosts would up their maximum execution timeout for PHP. But, at the same time, is there a reason that is so slow? Usually creating the tables takes no more than a few seconds. Is this some sort of shared hosting you're on?

11. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

I'm on a Servint.net Flex Express machine. I have no idea why it's taking so long. I've never had this issue before and I've done a fair share of XF installs

12. Slavik

The timeout and end of script headers suggest a suEXEC error.

It may be a simple fix by dropping the tables and rebooting your server.

Chris D likes this.
  13. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

A reboot didn't work either. Back at square one...

14. Slavik

Are you running cpanel?

15. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

16. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

So this magically started working last night.