XF 2.1 Installation error 2.1 beta 6

tommydamic68

Hello,

(I did make a back up) I installed 2.1 beta 6 and while the upgrade was happening it stopped and I received this error below and cannot continue. Any thoughts, I did check that that missing file does exist also. InvalidArgumentException: Table 'xf_liked_content' does not exist so cannot be altered in src/XF/Db/Schema/Alter.php at line 38

InvalidArgumentException: Table 'xf_liked_content' does not exist so cannot be altered in src/XF/Db/Schema/Alter.php at line 38
  1. XF\Db\Schema\Alter->__construct() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 223
  2. XF\Db\SchemaManager->newAlter() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 144
  3. XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable() in src/XF/Install/InstallHelperTrait.php at line 572
  4. XF\Install\Upgrade\AbstractUpgrade->alterTable() in src/XF/Install/Upgrade/2010010-210a.php at line 545
  5. XF\Install\Upgrade\Version2010010->step33() in src/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 173
  6. XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  11. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 392
  12. XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14

Just an FYI- this was fixed, I believe this serious error happened due to a time out issue while upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1, question:

Iv'e never had this happen before, it cost me $45.00 dollars to pay some one to fix it, I don't know nor do I want to install this software any other way then I've done it since owning in 2010, simple easy thru the ACP. I am not savvy with doing it any other way and I don't want to pay someone every-time I have to update the Xenforo software. @XenForo - is this possibly going to be the case for me moving forward with upgrades of your product? Or is this a one off and was a "large" update (2.0 to 2.1) an anomaly of sorts, and any updates moving forward of betas or RC's are going be ok and able to be installed ads they have been in the past thru the ACP with no issue, again, its never happened to me before upgrading thru the ACP. Thanks our your time.

There's a large yellow block there that starts with the words Your XenForo installation is large which then goes on to suggest that you perform the upgrade in a different way which will avoid timeouts.

By ignoring it (presumably for every single upgrade since we implemented that notice) what did you expect might happen?

It's safe to assume that if the software tells you to do something, we do so for very good reasons and that advice should be listened to. If you don't understand that advice, no problem. Stop what you're doing and clarify, don't just ignore it. If you're "not savvy" then you should become savvy because you run a reasonably large forum and I assume that downtime is not desirable for you or your community.

It's also worth noting that you have, despite other warnings, proceeded to install beta software on a live site, presumably without first testing or taking a back up.

Had you at least waited until the software was stable and supported before installing 2.1, we might at least have been able to sort this out for you without you having to pay a third party to do it for you.

If you're "not savvy" then you should become savvy
Of course I took a back up as I always do. With that said, I have searched high and low with no results on how to upgrade Xenforo with CLI, is there a tutorial of sorts that can be found? I have asked my host and their response is, "you can do this process thru the command line." I have no clue where to start.

Your host is indeed the first place to start. If you cannot or do not know how to access the command line on your server then that is something that your host needs to provide or instruct you on.

Once logged into the command line on your server, you need to change the directory to whichever directory your XenForo files are in. The command to then trigger the upgrade can be seen in the screenshot you provided above.

Your host is indeed the first place to start. If you cannot or do not know how to access the command line on your server then that is something that your host needs to provide or instruct you on.

Once logged into the command line on your server, you need to change the directory to whichever directory your XenForo files are in. The command to then trigger the upgrade can be seen in the screenshot you provided above.
Thanks Chris, iv'e had my host assist me in being able to login to my server via SSH from my local machine (MAC). The only place I'm stuck is how do I access the "directory" or can I just run that command from the command line here in the screenshot? Thanks.

You need to know the directory where your site's files are stored. That's not something we'd know. Once you know the directory path you can run the following command:
Rich (BB code):
cd /path/to/your/xenforo/install
(Replacing the red bit with whatever path it is)

Then you can run the command from the screenshot.

Top Bottom