XF 2.1 Installation Error ThreadField.php

LEDGrowForums

I followed the instructions(https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/install-upgrade/#installing-xenforo), uploaded and began the installation procedure. During it I received an error listed below. I have located the problematic file (ThreadField.php) in the file manager, but it is not clear to me what needs to be changed in the "ThreadField.php" file.

Fatal error: Class 'XF\Repository\AbstractField' not found in /home/kln1yobwqu9t/public_html/ledgrowforums.com/Forums/src/XF/Repository/ThreadField.php on line 5

Here is the first several lines of the php file:

<?php

namespace XF\Repository;

class ThreadField extends AbstractField
{
protected function getRegistryKey()
{
return 'threadFieldsInfo';
}

protected function getClassIdentifier()
{
return 'XF:ThreadField';
}

public function getDisplayGroups()
{
return [
'before' => \XF::phrase('before_message'),
'after' => \XF::phrase('after_message'),
'thread_status' => \XF::phrase('thread_status_block')

I replied to your ticket.

The error suggests one or more files may be corrupt or missing.

Try uploading the files again.

If you have cPanel, upload the zip archive and extract it on the server directly using the File Manager app.

Thank you, when I deleted everything and then uploaded the zip file as you stated, the installation worked. I am very new to forum admin. I'm not very knowledgeable whatsoever on hosting, ftp, sql and everything else it took to get where I am already. I setup the admin account and am logged into the back office. I appreciate the assistance you offer ahead of time.

When I go to my URL (www.LEDgrowforums.com) the site is not loading. Instead I get the following error message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I apologize for my complete lack of knowledge.

Last edited:
the files were extracted to ledgrowforums.com/Forums

the upload folder is what happened after I extracted the zip file. So ledgrowforums.com/Forums/upload//install is the install file. Forums is capitalized since it's a Linux server and is case sensitive. The software is installed and I'm currently logged into the admin panel getting familiar with it, but the site is not live on the URL.

A 500 error is being generated for every page.

Your host can check the server error log to determine what's causing it but based on your post above, you have extracted the files to the wrong location anyway, if you want the installation in the domain root.

Thanks, I just changed the files over to the domain root and now the site is loading on the domain. Everything is great. Now I just need to get the site configured. Thank you for the help and your speedy replies. I wasn't expecting such a quick response :)

Top Bottom