Bedbugs

MilesDB

I keep reading about bedbug invasion. Now I prefer avoiding hotels, even 5 star ones. You never know where you can catch these little bloodsucking critters.

Yeah, been hearing the same, but haven't noticed anything myself, be it from experience, friends, family or whatever. :p

Yeah, looks like it might get really bad. I will have to get my home sprayed for prevention. I rather be safe than sorry.

I had them on a room we don't often use or stay. We only used some powder and a regular flies spray on the hotspots.
Those little f**rs were all dead the next morning.

I'm suffering great deal .... I bombed the house, sprayed ... called pest control and they are not willing to move somewhere else :(

My mom stayed at this hotel over night on the other side of the state for some work-related thing. My dad had her convinced that a can of compressed air works really well if you spray the mattress with it.

I'm still waiting to be compensated for my can of compressed air...

My mom stayed at this hotel over night on the other side of the state for some work-related thing. My dad had her convinced that a can of compressed air works really well if you spray the mattress with it.

I'm still waiting to be compensated for my can of compressed air...

No it is really terrible... you guys have no idea. I tossed half of my furniture out and bought new... my carpet is 3 years old I just cannot afford to replace it again this soon, but I did steamed the hell out of it ....

So far I'm not bitten anymore and I haven't seen anything yet, but I will do the cat litter thing just to be safe :D

I stayed in a hotel that had them, and this was about six years ago by now - before anyone was talking about it. I thought I had some kind of an allergy at first, because I couldn't see any mosquitoes and I didn't know that bedbugs were in fact a real thing and not a myth. Fortunately I had the laptop with me and that's the only reason I figured it out before I went home - so I left absolutely everything in the back yard except for what I was wearing, which I sealed in an airtight bag and threw away before taking a shower.

(I could not quite bring myself to strip off the clothes in the back yard... lol.)

For me it was several itchy welts that looked like chigger or mosquito bites, but I couldn't see any actual bugs.
oh my. I need to check my son's bed tomorrow.

Unexplainably he came up with a few red bumps on both arms and left leg about a week ago. I thought he was getting chicken pox, tbh. But no new bumps have appeared. He's just scratched these few so badly that a couple are infected, and I have to bathe them, use peroxide to clean them out, use neosporin and gauze/tape to keep them covered.

Not sure if this is the same thing or not. Me thinks a trip to the doc is in order. Now to scrounge up the money......... :(

oh my. I need to check my son's bed tomorrow..... :(

If you just sit in his bed for awhile, you'll probably know if it's the bugs. It didn't take that long for them to start biting me.

(And, at night - as Jamie pointed out.)

Man, I really miss the previous editing function where you could see the thread while editing. Sorry if I got that name wrong.

it's like a cluster of bumps all over my leg, arm .... they are so itchy and they won't go away for weeks ..terrible.

I have considered selling the house :D no kidding !

We had them from a hotel stay about two or three years ago. My brother Inlaw owns his own Pest Control company, so he gave me some stuff to spray. We had to wash ANYTHING washable, sprayed down the entire house from about three foot on the wall down and covering the entire floor.

Anything that couldn't be washed had to be bagged and left outside in a tent. They can't live in the heat or cold, it was winter time for us, so we set up a tent outside and placed everything in that for a couple of weeks.

The bedbugs live on blood, and only feed at night. They don't like the light and hide when you're looking. You will need to look for the dead ones (they don't live long, but reproduce quickly) to see where they are.

You can get the chemical to spray from a Home Depot or Lowes, you just have to mix it at twice the strength Ronnie said.

I never want to live through that again!

Jamie

Top Bottom