Lack of interest Be Able To Preview Last Post As Well As First Post On Mouse Over

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

The Grand Potentate

I originally put this up in Add-on Requests and I've had 3 developers tell me it was basically impossible. I'd like to be able to preview the first post and the last post, separately of each other, depending on which was moused over in the forum list view. See this forum for an example:

Forum List View:
http://www.styleforum.net/f/13/streetwear-and-denim

Main Forum View:
http://www.styleforum.net/f/

I really like the ability to quickly see what the last post was, especially if its a thread that you rarely visit or don't like visiting. That way you don't have to wade through all the crap.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would be very useful as it would save opening a thread only to see some meaningless smiley or 3 word post.
Would be great to be able to check there is something there worth visiting.

However this would then impact on notifications and alerts. I WISH it wasn't set the way it is, but if you don;t visit (open the thread) you stop getting notifications and alerts.
Preferably that block gets disabled (would be great to disable it anyway)
but this View Last Post would need to make the preview popup act as if you actually visited the thread, in terms of notifications and alerts..

This would be very useful as it would save opening a thread only to see some meaningless smiley or 3 word post.
Would be great to be able to check there is something there worth visiting.

However this would then impact on notifications and alerts. I WISH it wasn't set the way it is, but if you don;t visit (open the thread) you stop getting notifications and alerts.
Preferably that block gets disabled (would be great to disable it anyway)
but this View Last Post would need to make the preview popup act as if you actually visited the thread, in terms of notifications and alerts..

I think the first part is the key here. Its not like you're going to stop visiting all together. Plus, you'd get notified if anyone quoted or replied to your watched thread still. Its just a nice way to view the last post in case its some dumbass reply that you don't need to bother with at the moment.

Top Bottom