Implemented Be able to merge Users

Jesepi

I'd like to be able to select 2 usernames and merge all posts/likes/ect into one. I would like to be able to pick which username the merge would leave as the single username.

Sometimes people have multiple logins for one reason or another. Being able to merge them is nice.

Upvote 100
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
One (request) does not remove the other (request). It is a necessary feature.
I realize that and agree it is necessary.
I was simply pointing out that if it's just a couple of posts, it's possible to manually merge them while waiting.

If it's just a couple of new posts, you can change the usernames and ids for the posts in a few different tables.

I don't have access to my database but my host does. He's a friend of mine. So I'm not sure how to do it but I can ask him or something. :/

Also it was about ten posts, but wait until someone is retarded and got 50 posts, then made a new account cause they couldn't access their account. Pain in the butt.

v all need this update since beginning of the thread i.e 6 Oct 2010 and this is Apr 2012.
So this is for reminder again to developers

Reminders are nice, but I'm getting a bit worried about the future of XenForo. Kier hasn't posted anything since January. And important features like this are still not implemented. And don't forget the fact that there hasn't been this long between updates ever in XF's history.

I would seriously recommend an update on these subjects, from any of the developers.

Can you share the query you run? (I assume that's how you're doing it?)
Could you elaborate please? Database query, and if so, what is the syntax? Thanks.
The next time I need to write down the steps.

The last time I only had to merge a few posts together.

I updated the old user with the new user
xf_post.user_id and xf_post.username
xf_thread.user_id and xf_thread.username
xf_thread.last_post_id and xf_thread. last_post_user_id

also updated the username in posts
reset search

I think I have a post earlier on how I did it.
It is not the best way. I haven't looked at merging personal conversations.
It's something I would not recommend since I don't know what weirdness will develop.

Especially as the importer can merge accounts, I'm really surprised this cannot be done manually later. Please add this feature.

I've said something before but any updates at all on this??

To not have a merge accounts feature in a forum software package is major, and this is really needed. (not really a tweak or 'small' feature, although that is where this thread resides)

In any case, this thread was started Oct '10...

Top Bottom