Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
isnt this already a built-in feature in XenForo 1.2?
Yes, and this an extension features:
1. Tag other user easily with @ syntax in profile posts, profile post comments.
2. Tag many users at once with @user_group syntax!
3. Tagged user will receive an alert and email if enabled

Indeed, these are (essential in my opinion) additions to the core tagging implemented in 1.2.

If you think these should be core, then you should like these suggestions:

Implement tagging on user profile posts

Implement email alerts for tagging

Implement group tagging

Server Error
mkdir(): Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 68
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 57
  5. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/admin.php at line 13

Thank you for this add-on :)

But the tags on profil page don't work and receive an alert also for me.

An idea ?

EDIT: same problem on profil page, don't work.

Last edited:
1. Tag other user easily with @ syntax in profile posts, profile post comments. -> Don't work
2. Tag many users at once with @user_group syntax! -> Work
3. Tagged user will receive an alert and email if enabled -> Alerte OK but not email.

1. Tag other user easily with @ syntax in profile posts, profile post comments. -> Don't work
3. Tagged user will receive an alert and email if enabled -> Alerte OK but not email.
I've tested this also for profile posts and found this:
  1. Tags in profile posts aren't hyperlinked as they were prior to 1.2
  2. Tags in profile posts do generate an email notification
  3. Tags in profile posts do not generate an alert - the only alert is that someone posted/commented on your profile or someone responded to your comment on their wall
I tested this several times to be sure.

Usergroup tagging with [bd] Tag Me 1.7.5b breaks with Special Avatar for Banned Members 1.2 installed

Using 1.1.5 xenforo.. I think the reasoning behind it is Gravatar.. as Special Avatar for Banned Members 1.2 also carries Gravatar support..

I've informed the developer of the addon in question too..

Some of our younger members are posting with Lots of tags.

I've tried to restrict this with usergroup permissions "Maximum tag alerts per message" set to 1, yet they can still tag lots of users simultaneously. What have i missed here?

1 should work. It's not hyperlinked though.
3 will work if you enable the feature in AdminCP AND user enable the option.

I've tested this also for profile posts and found this:
  1. Tags in profile posts aren't hyperlinked as they were prior to 1.2
  2. Tags in profile posts do generate an email notification
  3. Tags in profile posts do not generate an alert - the only alert is that someone posted/commented on your profile or someone responded to your comment on their wall
I tested this several times to be sure.
1 is the correct behavior. This is a design change, I think I will revert the old behavior if people like it more?
3 is the correct behavior. The add-on will not send a duplicate alert.

Some of our younger members are posting with Lots of tags.

I've tried to restrict this with usergroup permissions "Maximum tag alerts per message" set to 1, yet they can still tag lots of users simultaneously. What have i missed here?
User can tag but alerts will not be sent.

I might be overlooking something obvious, but this addon doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm using it with XF 1.2.1 and nothing is happening when I use it. I have all my members in the "Registered" usergroup, but when I try to send an alert to that usergroup by posting in a thread no alerts are sent. Same when trying to send to any other usergroup. And yes, permissions have been enabled. Does anything besides permissions have to be enabled?

I might be overlooking something obvious, but this addon doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm using it with XF 1.2.1 and nothing is happening when I use it. I have all my members in the "Registered" usergroup, but when I try to send an alert to that usergroup by posting in a thread no alerts are sent. Same when trying to send to any other usergroup. And yes, permissions have been enabled. Does anything besides permissions have to be enabled?
Yes, you need to edit the use group and check the box "is taggable".

Yes, and this an extension features:
1. Tag other user easily with @ syntax in profile posts, profile post comments.
2. Tag many users at once with @user_group syntax!
3. Tagged user will receive an alert and email if enabled

@RoldanLT thanks. On this website which doesn't have your add-on, I could stil tag users in a member's profile posts and profile post comments?

So, basically, am I right to assume that the only addtional feature supplied by your mod is: '@user_group syntax'?

Or, have I missed something? I mean what exactly are the enhancements in your mod?

Regards

@RoldanLT thanks. On this website which doesn't have your add-on, I could stil tag users in a member's profile posts and profile post comments?

So, basically, am I right to assume that the only addtional feature supplied by your mod is: '@user_group syntax'?

Or, have I missed something? I mean what exactly are the enhancements in your mod?

Regards
I'm pretty sure you can't do it without add-on. This is the feature suggestion for profile post http://xenforo.com/community/threads/implement-tagging-on-user-profile-posts.51714/

Reactions: rdn

Regards
This mod is from @xfrocks , not from @RoldanLT who has kindly responded to your query.

If you read @RoldanLT' s post again, it tells you the three features that this mod provides.

User tagging doesn't work on this site in profile posts or profile post comments as it doesn't have this mod installed and these features aren't part of the core tagging.

So if you want these additional 3 features you should install this mod. If you would like these features as core in Xenforo then please like these suggestions.

Implement tagging on user profile posts

Implement email alerts for tagging

Implement group tagging

When I tag someone the name pops up, then I have to click twice, the first click it makes the first letter bold then I have to click once more to select it.

Any way to make so I only have to click once like on here. Thank you.

Top Bottom