Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
There is a big issue, when I tag a usergroup it doesn't tag all the users in that group, it starts randomly tag other usergroup members. What's going on lol?
If the user group has too many members (exceeding the maximum tag in a message setting), only the first few will be alerted. However, it should not tag members in other user groups. Are you sure about that? Probably some members have secondary user groups etc.?

If the user group has too many members (exceeding the maximum tag in a message setting), only the first few will be alerted. However, it should not tag members in other user groups. Are you sure about that? Probably some members have secondary user groups etc.?

I'm having the same issue, but I don't think it is JUST Tag Me.

My environment:
  • XenForo 1.2
  • Tag Me 2.0.1
  • Join User Group by Waindigo 1.1.2a
This specific combination gives us the ability to create joinable user groups and then group tags based on them. This used to work perfectly before the XenForo 1.2 upgrade. Now when you group tag it will mix up the usergroups.

Well, I will need you guys to send me the site info with some accounts info to test it out. Preferable with links to messages that sent wrong alerts.

Reactions: rdn
@xfrocks, I am sorry if this question is too simple or has been asked earlier. How can I tag the user group Registered? Nothing happens when I type @registered. I have switched on the addon permissions for me (admin). I mean there is selectable popup.

@xfrocks, I am sorry if this question is too simple or has been asked earlier. How can I tag the user group Registered? Nothing happens when I type @registered. I have switched on the addon permissions for me (admin). I mean there is selectable popup.
You must use XenForo 1.2, and you need to go to the user group edit page and tick the "is taggable" check box.

I am having the same problem as @IcEWoLF. When tagging groups, the overlay showing the members of that group is showing the first handful of members registered on the forum, instead of members of that group. However, I have been told that the alerts are still functioning as normal, and that only the overlay is incorrect. I have not personally confirmed that last part, though.

I am having the same problem as @IcEWoLF. When tagging groups, the overlay showing the members of that group is showing the first handful of members registered on the forum, instead of members of that group. However, I have been told that the alerts are still functioning as normal, and that only the overlay is incorrect. I have not personally confirmed that last part, though.
Here is what you need to do to fix this:
I went into the user group edit page, unchecked the "is taggable", saved. Then went back, checked the "is taggable", saved. The popup list is correct now.

Don't ask me why this fixed it, but it did...do it for all usergroups and try tagging the whole usergroup and you should not have anymore issues.

On 1.2, I'm noticing that the system has problems identifying the members who have spaces in their username. For example, on our board, several users have their usernames as 'Firstname Lastname'. When you start typing @Firstname - The system recognizes the users (also those with spaces in the username), but the moment you hit the spacebar; all the suggestions disappear.

Is this an XF problem or TagMe problem, @xfrocks

On 1.2, I'm noticing that the system has problems identifying the members who have spaces in their username. For example, on our board, several users have their usernames as 'Firstname Lastname'. When you start typing @Firstname - The system recognizes the users (also those with spaces in the username), but the moment you hit the spacebar; all the suggestions disappear.

Is this an XF problem or TagMe problem, @xfrocks
This is a XenForo problem. There are maximum 8 characters to be checked with space (this is hard-coded in the JavaScript file).

I am not sure if I have done something wrong with installing this or what... but I tried on two separate occasions and after double-checking the usergroups are "taggable" and when I type @moderator (which I have a very small team) it doesn't do anything.

I see. Is there any way to change this? I'd like to make it 12 chars.
It's very hard to do because the JavaScript file is minified. But if you REALLY want to, you can edit the file xenforo/js/xenforo/bb_code_edit.js, search for:

Code:
c.length<=8

Replace with:
Code:
c.length<=12

I am not sure if I have done something wrong with installing this or what... but I tried on two separate occasions and after double-checking the usergroups are "taggable" and when I type @moderator (which I have a very small team) it doesn't do anything.
You still need to allow the permission to tag user group in User Group Permissions page.

isnt this already a built-in feature in XenForo 1.2?
Yes, and this an extension features:
1. Tag other user easily with @ syntax in profile posts, profile post comments.
2. Tag many users at once with @user_group syntax!
3. Tagged user will receive an alert and email if enabled

Top Bottom