Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
@xfrocks i've been using the updated add-on for Xenforo 1.2 and overall it works well but I am noticing an issue with something.

I am not sure what the cause is.

If someone tags me(Or another user in the status) and then I reply to the status or that person replies to the status, it'll keep sending an alert every time someone posts in the status.

@xfrocks, we get the same error on 1.2 also.

xfrocks updated [bd] Tag Me with a new update entry:

New branch (v2)

This is a new development branch of the add-on with almost everything rewritten to support XenForo 1.2, all existing features (group tagging, email alert, TinyMCE Quattro support) from the old version are updated to work in conjunction with built-in tagging. From this version onward, XenForo 1.1.* and below are not support anymore.

If you do not use any of the above features and has upgraded to 1.2, it's safe to uninstall...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@xfrocks : Thanks a lot for this. One the add-ons I was waiting to get updated before I start planning move to 1.2.

When is the Widget Framework getting an update? :)

EDIT: FIXED - not an issue with Tag Me. See this post if you experience the same issue.

Not sure what the issue is but the alerts are blank. I've checked to make sure the text colour is correct, except there is no text - literally that's all there is, it's also no clickable. I've tested with an admin account and a regular user account - same result :(. Any ideas?

@xfrocks

Untitled-4.webp

Last edited:
EDIT: FIXED - not an issue with Tag Me. See this post if you experience the same issue.

Not sure what the issue is but the alerts are blank. I've checked to make sure the text colour is correct, except there is no text - literally that's all there is, it's also no clickable. I've tested with an admin account and a regular user account - same result :(. Any ideas?

@xfrocks

View attachment 53337
That's a weird problem. Glad you have figured it out ;)

That's a weird problem. Glad you have figured it out ;)

:)

I have a small question, although not sure if this is xF core related. No one appears to be receiving emails when a notification is generated. Emails are sent for other purposes such as registration or password resetting but hmm... have I missed an option somewhere in xF1.2 or tag me?

:)

I have a small question, although not sure if this is xF core related. No one appears to be receiving emails when a notification is generated. Emails are sent for other purposes such as registration or password resetting but hmm... have I missed an option somewhere in xF1.2 or tag me?
ACP > Options > Tag Me
You need to have Send Email Alerts ticked.

Users will then need to enable email alerts in Account > Preferences to receive them.

I have set this so that new registrants have this switched on by default. I also ran a database query to switch this on for everyone, told them it was on by default and that they could switch it off if they didn't want email alerts for tagging. :)

I have set this so that new registrants have this switched on by default. I also ran a database query to switch this on for everyone, told them it was on by default and that they could switch it off if they didn't want email alerts for tagging. :)
Which sql query? ;)

If you wish to forcefully enable it for existing users, you can execute this query:
PHP:
UPDATE xf_user_option SET bdtagme_email = 1;

If you wish to forcefully enable it for existing users, you can execute this query:
PHP:
UPDATE xf_user_option SET bdtagme_email = 1;
Please note that I do not recommend doing it this way. Also, it's possible to turn it on for new registration by going to AdminCP > Home > Options > User Registration > Default Registration Values.

@xfrocks

View attachment 53337
Theme looks nice. Can I see the live site?

Top Bottom