Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
Please use another tag for this addon. The other addon also use USER tag.
That makes sense, thanks. I don't recall it used to when I first installed it. The @ wasn't removed for a long time while using both addons. Perhaps that broke with a tag me update. Either way, changing to a different tag fixed the problem.

I've asked this a couple of pages before and didn't hear back after I answered the question which addon is being used for the status bar, which is XenPorta.

Thee@[1:Thee] test (Gestern um 10:23)

(See attached picture)

Is there a way to fix this?

Picture is http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-tag-me.28345/page-31#post-471073

Would it be possible to fix this somehow? Or otherwise switch TagMe of for that certain area of the site? If so, where would I need to look out for this?
Thanks all! :)

I've asked this a couple of pages before and didn't hear back after I answered the question which addon is being used for the status bar, which is XenPorta.

Picture is http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-tag-me.28345/page-31#post-471073

Would it be possible to fix this somehow? Or otherwise switch TagMe of for that certain area of the site? If so, where would I need to look out for this?
Thanks all! :)
It looks like the XenPorta sidebar block doesn't call the required helper method for status messages so the status messages are not rendered correctly there... Please ask its author for this problem.

Nope, it means if you quote me and then you tag me, I will only receive 1 alert. Anyway, if you tag me 3 times, it should send out 1 alert too. I changed this behavior in 1.2.3, please update. Sorry for soooo many updates recently guys!
We've a user named A.V.Ramani and when I tag that user, with @A.V.Ramani , an error message pops up that says -

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

How do I fix that? It looks like other people with '.' in their username get tagged properly.

We've a user named A.V.Ramani and when I tag that user, with @A.V.Ramani , an error message pops up that says -

How do I fix that? It looks like other people with '.' in their username get tagged properly.
Please grab the error message in the console. Thank you.

Please grab the error message in the console. Thank you.
It says -

PHP <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in <b>/<PATH TO/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php</b> on line <b>304</b><br />

Update, here's the full error -

1. PHP <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in <b>/PATH TO/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php</b> on line <b>304</b><br />
    xenforo.js:195
    1. c.extend.handleServerError
    2. c.extend.error
      xenforo.js:193
    3. f.resolveWith
      jquery.min.js:16
    4. v
    5. c

It says -

PHP <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in <b>/<PATH TO/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php</b> on line <b>304</b><br />

Update, here's the full error -

1. PHP <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in <b>/PATH TO/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php</b> on line <b>304</b><br />
    1. c.extend.handleServerError
    2. c.extend.error
      xenforo.js:193
    3. f.resolveWith
    4. v
    5. c

The problem is that user as a dot after the first character. The system can only detect that character and started a search with it and caused problem when your database has too many users with username starting with "A". You can set the option "Maximum Users in Processing" to help control the situation. Please note that doing so may prevent the system to work in a few edge cases.

By the way, I've set it to Zero at the moment. Should I have more RAM on the system to fix this issue?

By the way, I've set it to Zero at the moment. Should I have more RAM on the system to fix this issue?
Zero means there is no limit and will cause issues like the one you faced. Adding more RAM may help momentary but I strongly suggest putting reasonable value for that option (e.g 1000). It should work okie.

Zero means there is no limit and will cause issues like the one you faced. Adding more RAM may help momentary but I strongly suggest putting reasonable value for that option (e.g 1000). It should work okie.
Thanks, setting the limit to 1000 worked great. Should I up it to say 2000? By the way, is there a permanent fix to this problem? I don't want to skip any users.

Thanks, setting the limit to 1000 worked great. Should I up it to say 2000? By the way, is there a permanent fix to this problem? I don't want to skip any users.
Depends on your server specs. You can always experiment and change it later. Unfortunately, there is no permanent fix for this kind of issue.

Just one more question: The tagging doesn't work in XenPorta article comments. Is there any fix for that?

Just one more question: The tagging doesn't work in XenPorta article comments. Is there any fix for that?
That's by design. Custom content system must integrate [bd] Tag Me to make tagging possible. This add-on can not do it by itself because there are many unknown factor like how to display the alert, how to check for permission, etc.

Top Bottom