Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
Hi,

I installed it and tested it. Thats ok. Then i saw in my other profile an alert. If i click on that alert there's nothing there?
You read the text in the alert and then you click but nothing happen?
Or you see you have one new alert and then you hover but no alert shows up?

That's correct. That feature only support 1 word. Doing multiple words for username suggestion may be not good on performance so I disabled it.

What is your site? You can send me a message if you want.

I don't know why but I can tag muti-words in my forum. Your add-on support it.
Can you have an option to enable multi-words?

xfrocks updated [bd] Tag Me with a new update entry:

Now supports status, profile post and profile post comment!

[CHANGES]
Version 1.4 (released Feb 29, 2012)
1.4.1 Now supports profile post's comment
1.4.2 Username suggestion now works with profile post and comment (still no IE)
1.4.3 Now supports status message too
1.4.4 Added development document (DEV.txt)
1.4.5 New option (AdminCP > Options > [bd] Tag Me) to support multi-word usernames suggestion
1.4.6 Added File Health Check
Version 1.3
1.3.1 Now supports profile post
1.3.2 Disable username suggestion for non-supported stuff...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How long will we have to wait? :rolleyes:
No more! ;)

Is it something that could potentially be optimised enough to become usable in a future release? Or is there the possibility of including a check box option to enable this feature for those of us with small boards?
There is one new option in AdminCP > Options > [bd] Tag Me where you can set the suggestion maximum length. Put some value in it (I suggest 30).

Quick question: Upgrade is simply replacing existing files & importing the product XML again, right? :)

A note to people who use this add-on: the latest version currently suffering from this bug so when user update status from his/her profile page, the status will be updated by AJAX. Unfortunately, if the status contains tag, the tag will be rendered incorrectly. This is expected and not this add-on's bug.

A note to people who use this add-on: the latest version currently suffering from this bug so when user update status from his/her profile page, the status will be updated by AJAX. Unfortunately, if the status contains tag, the tag will be rendered incorrectly. This is expected and not this add-on's bug.
Is this what causes the @[ID:Username] for status updates? I also experienced something weird, I tried to tag a user 'Kyle' via status update / profile comment, so I did @Kyle but once posted, it came up as an alternate user, @kylenga - no idea why it's doing this, but I've tried multiple times to just simply tag @Kyle and it defaults to that other user. Doesn't do this for other users, seems to only do it for users who share strings in their names, kyle is also inside kylenga, so maybe it's getting confused, not sure...

You read the text in the alert and then you click but nothing happen?
Or you see you have one new alert and then you hover but no alert shows up?

No, i see that there is a alert. But if i click on the alert theres nothing there But i try the new release first

I updated. When i make a tag, the user who has tagged, gets his alert. He sees the number 1 standing by the alerts next to his name at the top of the forum. When he clicks on it, it says no alerts..

Is this what causes the @[ID:Username] for status updates? I also experienced something weird, I tried to tag a user 'Kyle' via status update / profile comment, so I did @Kyle but once posted, it came up as an alternate user, @kylenga - no idea why it's doing this, but I've tried multiple times to just simply tag @Kyle and it defaults to that other user. Doesn't do this for other users, seems to only do it for users who share strings in their names, kyle is also inside kylenga, so maybe it's getting confused, not sure...
Yeah, that caused the weird rendering but you shouldn't see it much. Only in profile page right after updating the status. If you see it many times, it's a bug please report.

Also, @kyle and @kylenga is a confirmed bug. Currently no fix yet but I hope one will come out soon.

I updated. When i make a tag, the user who has tagged, gets his alert. He sees the number 1 standing by the alerts next to his name at the top of the forum. When he clicks on it, it says no alerts..
This happens to all users with all kind of messages (posts, profile posts, profile post comments)? If it does, please send me a message with your site info and list of installed add-ons. Thanks

Can we disable the tagging in status update via a checkbox? :) We can enable it when the relevant bug is fixed.

Man, something is going wrong. I was able to tag user @CE Designer on our forum (by picking it up from suggestions) until I upgraded to 1.4. However, now it tags a completely random user even in posts! Surprisingly, @user worked fine in status updates.

Please address the issue.

Great update!

Can you explain this option with an example of how it works:

1.4.5 New option (AdminCP > Options > [bd] Tag Me) to support multi-word usernames suggestion

Top Bottom