[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

Great work @xfrocks love it already . Is there any chance we can make the thread sharing look like this on facebook page by any chance with some modifications . Let me know even if it's going to cost be bit extra . I focus more on facebook page my 60%traffic comes through facebook .

xs-fan-page-png.32816

Great work @xfrocks love it already . Is there any chance we can make the thread sharing look like this on facebook page by any chance with some modifications . Let me know even if it's going to cost be bit extra . I focus more on facebook page my 60%traffic comes through facebook .

That's technically possible but it's hard to come up with a great UX to provide that kind of customization: some people want thread title + poster user name, some will need snippet of first post content etc. I would say the feature will come eventually.

@xfrocks do you plan to add support for automatic posting of threads from certain forum to Google Plus pages?
It's something planned ;)

Thanks @xfrocks I am ready to buy this! I am sure about a quality of this product and great support as it is from well-known developer.

Just a quick question, when I click Buy Now it redirects me to https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-social-share.5/ do I need to register there to be able to buy this add-on?
Yes. You need an account to buy it and download future updates (free of charge). Make sure you watch the resource to receive email when new version is available.

That's technically possible but it's hard to come up with a great UX to provide that kind of customization: some people want thread title + poster user name, some will need snippet of first post content etc. I would say the feature will come eventually.

It's something planned ;)

Well post username is not required really Thread title plus little content as shown is good enough . I will wait till the feature comes along as i still haven't updated the board yet.

Thanks and appreciate all the good work you are doing .

Well post username is not required really Thread title plus little content as shown is good enough . I will wait till the feature comes along as i still haven't updated the board yet.

Thanks and appreciate all the good work you are doing .
Thread title and snippet are included already. With image, attachment or YouTube where possible.

Uploaded all the files, successfully installed this add-on, but don't know how to make this work. In Options when I try to Enable automatic sharing I get a popup window saying "No Facebook Pages found under your Facebook account. You can try to authenticate again and reload this page to refresh the data, click here."

When I click that link it redirects me with error message The parameter app_id is required. Where can I set this up please?

Uploaded all the files, successfully installed this add-on, but don't know how to make this work. In Options when I try to Enable automatic sharing I get a popup window saying "No Facebook Pages found under your Facebook account. You can try to authenticate again and reload this page to refresh the data, click here."

When I click that link it redirects me with error message The parameter app_id is required. Where can I set this up please?
You need to set it up like this http://xenforo.com/help/facebook/

Anyone using this on their site? Are your users liking it? Is it bringing traffic to your forums?

I used xensocialize on my local board and has been great add-on since day one . I get most of the traffic through facebook and people seems to keep up with my facebook page to look for new threads,updates and information . When something pops up on page then they visit the site for more information etc .

I am still just preparing my site for the launch and I consider it as a demo site, but I made this working today. Here are som screenshots for you from Automatic Thread Create Sharing:

News Feed:

FaceBook-News-Feed.webp

FaceBook Page:

FaceBook-Page.webp

FaceBook Page Direct Link:

FaceBook-Page-Direct-Link.webp

I had no experience with FaceBook Integration before, but once I've done the necessary steps it was easy to get this working. I have a small request though to you @xfrocks Could you please change Automatic Thread Create Sharing to look like this, please?

FaceBook Page:

FaceBook-Page2.webp

FaceBook Page Direct Link:

FaceBook-Page-Direct-Link2.webp

As you can see it is missing the part above the image. Not sure if it possible to do this, but would be great if it could be done.

It is still very very good and I am very happy with my purchase. Now waiting for Google Plus and Twitter automatic sharing options and this will become my nr. 1 resource! Great job you've done @xfrocks with this add-on, I love it :)

Last edited:
shows up immediately on trying to enable it in admincp

View attachment 53745
I get these kind of errors when I leave in one tab my admin account and in other tab I use my other account (with admin rights too) and i try to go back to admin account, but in the meantime I signed in with the other account. Maybe this is your case too?

Anyway, Social Share is working for me without any problems!

I get these kind of errors when I leave in one tab my admin account and in other tab I use my other account (with admin rights too) and i try to go back to admin account, but in the meantime I signed in with the other account. Maybe this is your case too?

Anyway, Social Share is working for me without any problems!
WE HAVE A WINNER

thanks!

Is it possible that "post to facebook" is shown to users who are logged in to facebook (even though their xenforo accout is not connected to facebook), as I have seen several many many other places?

Top Bottom