[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

Is it possible that "post to facebook" is shown to users who are logged in to facebook (even though their xenforo accout is not connected to facebook), as I have seen several many many other places?
I haven't seen that anywhere. Plus, you let guest posts?

Is it possible for me to have my admin account auto post to my sites fb page? (not my personal wall) i can't find the option for it.

Is it possible for me to have my admin account auto post to my sites fb page? (not my personal wall) i can't find the option for it.
Yes. For short form button (Facebook), click the question mark. For long form one (Post to Facebook), click the "your timeline" link after the button.

Would this addon take care of how FB is using the stock XF meta image for the preview? Can it take images from thread images or attachments?
Something similar to this http://xenforo.com/community/resources/facebook-opengraph-image-from-img-or-attach-tags.2209/
It doesn't rely on the open graph metadata... I would love to do that but built-in XenForo metadata is not very good:
  • Images are often not picked up, especially attachments (because they don't have image extensions etc.)
  • First post information missing on second pages and later
  • Other things
That's why this add-on pushes the information itself: title, first post snippet and image. The image is the first one appear in the first post, it can be either IMG tag, ATTACH tag or MEDIA tag (YouTube only).

Now waiting for Google Plus and Twitter automatic sharing options and this will become my nr. 1 resource! Great job you've done @xfrocks with this add-on, I love it :)
An idea would be to create a dedicated Xenforo Que where the administrator can grant new threads to be posted on twitter as well as facebook fan pages. Wouldn't that work? I'm starting to get a little tired of constantly doing this manually :)
@xfrocks is Twitter support planned?

A new beta is running at https://xfrocks.com with Twitter support. If you have a few minutes to spare, please come over and perform a few tests ;) You can create new threads in the Chatting forum. It's worth noting that all threads from that forum will get shared automatically to a Facebook Page and a Twitter Account as configured below:

Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 2.44.51 PM.webp

I have issue with your addon, installed and some styles is breaked -> try to console and get error
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'prop' buttons.js?_v=fbfc0397:1

@xfrocks just a few suggestions from me :)

1. I only have Xen Media Gallery, but none of the other add-ons that are supported in Social Share. I can allow Showcase (yes, no) to post to facebook, but I don't have this add-on installed and I never had it. All the other options says add-on required: (add-on name), so I can not toggle yes or no. I think same should be for Showcase in my case.

2. When posting a reply to thread there is a Facebook? option. It is very hard to notice and know, that question mark is actually a link, which gives you options. I think it would be better to change it to something else to make it clear for everyone.

I would like to also ask you, I put my FaceBook Page to admin and automatically it is posting threads to my FaceBook page. But when i click on that question mark I only have an option to post it to my Time Line, but not to my FaceBook page, it says no facebook pages could be found. Do you know why is that?

@xfrocks just a few suggestions from me :)

1. I only have Xen Media Gallery, but none of the other add-ons that are supported in Social Share. I can allow Showcase (yes, no) to post to facebook, but I don't have this add-on installed and I never had it. All the other options says add-on required: (add-on name), so I can not toggle yes or no. I think same should be for Showcase in my case.

2. It is very hard to notice and know, that question mark is actually a link, which gives you options. I think it would be better to change it to something else to make it clear for everyone.

I would like to also ask you, I put my FaceBook Page to admin and automatically it is posting threads to my FaceBook page. But when i click on that question mark I only have an option to post it to my Time Line, but not to my FaceBook page, it says no facebook pages could be found. Do you know why is that?

Regarding #1, can you take a screenshot of the option page? Send me via conversation if you want to.

#2: for the quick reply (short form), I tried my best to not display too much (the text is shorter etc.) therefore the question mark is used. If members use the full reply form or in creating a thread, they will see it more clearly.

It says no pages found because the default permissions requested by XenForo doesn't include manage pages permisison. There is a link in the "no page found" message, click it and you will be asked by Facebook to grant that permission. After that, the pages will load fine.

1. Because I don't have Showcase from bobster65 installed (it was actually never installed on my site), i should have there no options enabled, I should have a message there Add-on required: (add-on name), like it is for all other add-ons.

2. Maybe it would be better to rename XenResoruce to Resource Manager (that is the official name).

3. I think there should be add-on name instead of sonnb_xengallery I guess.

Social-Share.webp

1. Because I don't have Showcase from bobster65 installed (it was actually never installed on my site), i should have there no options enabled, I should have a message there Add-on required: (add-on name), like it is for all other add-ons.

2. Maybe it would be better to rename XenResoruce to Resource Manager (that is the official name).

3. I think there should be add-on name instead of sonnb_xengallery I guess.

View attachment 54058
Nice catch. It was a bug that enable the showcase option for you. Regarding the names, they are actually addon unique ids. A bit lazy so I just use the ids instead of their full names. Will update in next release ;) Thanks.

Top Bottom