[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

I'm very interested in buying this add-on but I would like a few questions answered:

To everyone using this add-on: Does this add-on increase site load or affect site performance given that your site server has to remain in constant contact with various social media platforms? I run a very active forum but my server isn't very big yet, so that's why I ask.

Is it possible to make every thread appear on ONE centralized twitter/Facebook account, rather than have users post their threads to their own accounts?

Is it possible to set permissions where you can make thread posting to social media mandatory? Or do users always have the option to choose?

Can you remove the option to choose in certain nodes and keep it in other nodes?

Is there a way you can add hashtags to every new tweet? So if I run a forum dedicated to art, I would like every tweet made to end with the hashtag #art automatically.

Please let me know what you all have to say about this. I'll also test out this add-on on the demo site.

Last edited:
When a user post to facebook,
it show the wrong image (it show the image of an ad)

i have my og:image set correctly

What can i do?

You are the only user? You should see a notice on top of every page, follow the link to recover and request further permissions as needed. Also, what were you trying to do? Publish a post to Facebook timeline or else?

Where am I supposed to see this?

I'm getting the same error as the member in your reply. I'm just trying to have new threads from "X" forum posted to my sites FB page. Everytime I try I get this error:

bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: {"error":{"message":"(#200) The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this action","type":"OAuthException","code":200}} - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php:236
Generated By: Ski-Whiz, 17 minutes ago

I am assuming it's an issue with FB and my "app"? Can you please point me in the right direction on how to authorize the application to perform this action?

@xfrocks

i have a forum where threads have to be approuved by moderator, can you add this to your mod "share when thread need to be approuved" (this is on this forum that i have the best content)

thank you

I don't know what's the problem with this social share addon. Whenever someone creates this kind of addon, he is vanished. Social share seems to be really cursed for Xenforo. :(

This was the 3rd such paid addon which has become useless for me now. :cry:

I don't know what's the problem with this social share addon. Whenever someone creates this kind of addon, he is vanished. Social share seems to be really cursed for Xenforo. :(

This was the 3rd such paid addon which has become useless for me now. :cry:
Why?
It works very fine with me.
What's your problem?

@RoldanLT

First of all thanks for showing concern. Whenever i am trying to configure automatic sharing,

sj6PA6h.png

I am getting below error message from twitter

nrB4vkA.png

Pls help.

Anyone pls help. Now i have started getting these errors in log

ErrorException: Undefined index: oauth_token - library/bdSocialShare/Helper/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php:80

Something wrong with Twitter right now? I'm not getting any errors with the add-on in my error log, but I am getting this,

ff367714eb.png

When I press click here, it takes me to the twitter page. I try to sign in, but the page just loads for a second, and then nothing happens.

Looks like i have to ditch another paid addon and close my forum facebook and twitter pages forever. Sick of buying addon every year and then getting no support. :mad:

Looks like i have to ditch another paid addon and close my forum facebook and twitter pages forever. Sick of buying addon every year and then getting no support. :mad:
Sorry, what is your problem? You seemed to indicate that it only works with Facebook Pages (no group, no personal timeline?) but not with Twitter?

@xfrocks

i have a forum where threads have to be approuved by moderator, can you add this to your mod "share when thread need to be approuved" (this is on this forum that i have the best content)

thank you
Yes, that's feature is high in the to do list. I can't give ETA though, sorry.

Top Bottom