[bd] Social Share [Deleted]

Ok, that's right. If they do not want to see these buttons, they could remove the connection with the social provider.

After I disabled "Auto Sharing for `Thread Create`" and "Override System Configuration (Auto Sharing for `Thread Create`)" for all forums, new posts are still randomly being created on facebook. Could you please check this for me?

After I disabled "Auto Sharing for `Thread Create`" and "Override System Configuration (Auto Sharing for `Thread Create`)" for all forums, new posts are still randomly being created on facebook. Could you please check this for me?
Can you take a screenshot of the auto-share option? It should list forums with overridden configuration.

Also, is it possible that some user chose to share it?

Can you take a screenshot of the auto-share option? It should list forums with overridden configuration.

Also, is it possible that some user chose to share it?
I have included a screenshot here. Apparently, there is no forum in the list.

social_share.webp

The reason I disabled them is posts were posted on facebook from random forums instead from the forums that I chose :).

I have included a screenshot here. Apparently, there is no forum in the list.

View attachment 55962

The reason I disabled them is posts were posted on facebook from random forums instead from the forums that I chose :).
The option looks good. I'll need to look at the share log to figure out the issue. Please start a conversation with me with your site information. Sorry for the problem.

Reactions: MrC
I am having bit of issue here facebook page threads are being posted twice for same topic.
May happen if the forum is configured to auto-share and user also tick the box to share to the same plage? Likely if user is a Facebook Page admin.

May happen if the forum is configured to auto-share and user also tick the box to share to the same plage? Likely if user is a Facebook Page admin.

Ermm i understand that point but it does it al the time even if it's regular members on board and not related to facebook page at all .

Ermm i understand that point but it does it al the time even if it's regular members on board and not related to facebook page at all .
For all threads? Or those in some particular forum only? Do the threads have anything in common? Of course, it should not happen that way...

Can you advise where I would change the phrase for thread replies... currently the option says 'facebook?'. I would like it to say 'Post to Facebook' same for Twitter...

Can you advise where I would change the phrase for thread replies... currently the option says 'facebook?'. I would like it to say 'Post to Facebook' same for Twitter...
You can change the phrase "bdsocialshare_facebook" and "bdsocialshare_twitter".

You can change the phrase "bdsocialshare_facebook" and "bdsocialshare_twitter".

Yes I found that but the question mark is not there... why is facebook'?' showing up...

Also when i share i just get the note that it didn't work and to try again (no prompt to connect or anything like that...)

Yes I found that but the question mark is not there... why is facebook'?' showing up...

Also when i share i just get the note that it didn't work and to try again (no prompt to connect or anything like that...)
The question mark is for user to target a Facebook page instead of timeline. If you get the notice, you need to click the link to let the add-on recover from the problem, maybe your account is lacking some permission etc.

The question mark is for user to target a Facebook page instead of timeline. If you get the notice, you need to click the link to let the add-on recover from the problem, maybe your account is lacking some permission etc.

I am not sure I understand... how would a user know that the question mark relates to a timeline instead of a page? I assume just checking the box targets a page? Also on profile posts the message is different - it says the words (Your Timeline).

My facebook authentication seems fine and I have tested integration with the site and all is working, but even when I disassociate my account and succesfully reassociate I get the same message:
  • No Facebook Pages found under your Facebook account. You can try to authenticate again and reload this page to refresh the data, click here.
I must be missing something but not sure what:confused:

I am not sure I understand... how would a user know that the question mark relates to a timeline instead of a page?
Hover the mouse over the question mark will reveal the target, it can be a page or your timeline.

I assume just checking the box targets a page?
By default, it targets your timeline.

Also on profile posts the message is different - it says the words (Your Timeline).
That's correct. The buttons have short-mode (in quick reply) and long-mode (in profile post, creating a thread, etc.). The part "(your timeline)" is shorten in short-mode and become a question mark.

My facebook authentication seems fine and I have tested integration with the site and all is working, but even when I disassociate my account and succesfully reassociate I get the same message:
  • No Facebook Pages found under your Facebook account. You can try to authenticate again and reload this page to refresh the data, click here.
I must be missing something but not sure what:confused:

Facebook permission is quite complicated. They requests different permission to do different thing, for example: you need publish_stream to post to timeline, you need manage_page to get the list of pages, etc.
The error you see "No Facebook Pages found under your Facebook account." means
  • You haven't granted the manage_page permission for the app --> Click the link "click here" to grant it.
  • You granted the permission but your account doesn't have admin access to any Facebook page --> Do nothing.

You are not wrong - just been updating my facebook app with a whole host of requirements from images to settings... and here was me thinking I just needed the ID and secret:eek:

hmmm Twitter is a problem - any idea what setting are required... read/write or both and access direct message? Also which request settings are need for this add on? get, post,delete,put,or head?

Top Bottom