• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Reputation System

Quick question: What does "users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power" mean?
You have never used vBulletin's reputation right? :D

It's a little complicated. Let me try to explain:

• User can give reputation to a post
  • By default, each time, a user can give 1 point. That 1 point is called "reputation-altering power" (the power to change reputation)
  • Let say, you set the Register Date factor to 365 days, that means: if someone is member for 5 years, his/her "reputation-altering power" will be 6 (the default 1 plus 5 bonus for 5 years)
  • The same apply to other factor
Hope you are clear now :D

Suggestion: It would be a nice feature to receive an alert when you get a rep. Is this something that may be considered in the future?

Great stuff. BTW and as you can see I've installed this and I feel this add-on is so far above other core rep systems so again nice work with this add-on.
Thank you. About the alert, I definitely forgot about it, stupid me :D There is one small problem with this addon anyway. It has to add the button into posts using javascript because there is no proper hook in place. I hope to change that in the next version too :D

Thank you. About the alert, I definitely forgot about it, stupid me :D There is one small problem with this addon anyway. It has to add the button into posts using javascript because there is no proper hook in place. I hope to change that in the next version too :D
Awesome man the alert will make this one hell of a mod :D (more than it is right now :p)

Just tried installing on 1.0.1 and got:

Fatal error: Class 'bdReputation_Extend_ControllerPublic_Thread' not found in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php on line 405

When trying to refresh a thread after installing it. Any ideas?

Just tried installing on 1.0.1 and got:

Fatal error: Class 'bdReputation_Extend_ControllerPublic_Thread' not found in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php on line 405

When trying to refresh a thread after installing it. Any ideas?
Make sure you uploaded the files and directories correctly

Re-uploaded the files and it worked, doh.

qfaLQ.png

How do I remove/hide that? Thanks!

Bump, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
The simplest way to do this is: remove the contents of template "bdreputation_message_user_info_extra" in the style you don't want it to show up. Sorry about that :)

Great addon many thanks!

What template do we edit to change the location of the Reputation count in the forum? So say we want it above Location for example?

vbulletin has a mod that displays reputation comments in posts (under the signature). I use this on my own vb forum. Can that be added to this XF rep system?

Top Bottom