Resource icon

[bd] Paygate: AUTHORIZE.NET 1.2.0

No permission to download
Hey there, any update on the recurring option? I know you're not obligated but I have been waiting patiently.

Recurring is working, but when you cancel on the site it doesn't cancel the subscription with Authorize.net. Can this be fixed please? @xfrocks

No error log, but my card is charged when I am not a subscriber. From the testing period I subscribed.
Did you follow the cancellation routine when you test it? There is a button in the User Upgrades page, user must click it to see subscription detail, then he/she will have an option to cancel the recurring subscription.

Did you follow the cancellation routine when you test it? There is a button in the User Upgrades page, user must click it to see subscription detail, then he/she will have an option to cancel the recurring subscription.
Im sure I did. I either did it via the ACP or via the user upgrades page. I wouldn't know how else to cancel.

That said I wouldn't know where to show a log for this.

I also recommend you remove the clear log button as that seems tempting but that log is really all we have to go off of.

Im sure I did. I either did it via the ACP or via the user upgrades page. I wouldn't know how else to cancel.

That said I wouldn't know where to show a log for this.

I also recommend you remove the clear log button as that seems tempting but that log is really all we have to go off of.
Oh, if you revoke the user upgrade from AdminCP, the add-on cannot pick up the cancellation request and your subscription is not deleted from Authorize.Net, please log in to your Authorize.Net account and looks for subscriptions.

And yes, that's a good idea to remove the clear log button.

Ah OK thank you. Ill let the client know not to cancel subscriptions via ACP? ONLY via the user upgrades page? So she'll have to login as user to do so? Its fine just need to know.

Ah OK thank you. Ill let the client know not to cancel subscriptions via ACP? ONLY via the user upgrades page? So she'll have to login as user to do so? Its fine just need to know.
That's correct. The reason for that is the staff doesn't need to know by which paygate the user paid for his/her upgrade. And most of the time, staff only cancel faulty upgrades (error or refunded, etc.). For good payments, user will get upgraded the next cycle anyway.

Does the user not get a confirmation page? I just did a test, it worked, however it just goes back to the home page of the forum, which will confuse a lot of folks.

Does the user not get a confirmation page? I just did a test, it worked, however it just goes back to the home page of the forum, which will confuse a lot of folks.
User should be redirected to normal confirmation page. Are you testing with user upgrades?

Yes, I put Authorize.net in Test mode and ran a test transaction. It upgraded the user, but dumped them back into the home page of the site. Transactions are being logged in the Paygates log, and in the User Upgrade Transaction Log it shows the test transaction in there for my test, and also one paypal user that was not me.

Just did another test, it did the same thing, straight back to the forum home page.

Here is a video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Yes, I put Authorize.net in Test mode and ran a test transaction. It upgraded the user, but dumped them back into the home page of the site. Transactions are being logged in the Paygates log, and in the User Upgrade Transaction Log it shows the test transaction in there for my test, and also one paypal user that was not me.

Just did another test, it did the same thing, straight back to the forum home page.

Here is a video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hey, over at my site you said it does log in the paygates log. But you said it didn't here. So does it log there or not?

@xfrocks I saw your reply on your site regarding you thought you cannot specify a receipt page on Authorize.net.
I've done Authorize.net coding, and you can obviously specify a receipt page with AN as with any payment provider.

Not sure what method you used, but below is an example from an Authorize.net payment form that specifies the receipt page.

Example:

<INPUT type="hidden" name="x_relay_url" value="http://www.yoursite.com/receipt.asp">

If you could update your code and specify the receipt page so the user isn't dumped back to the home page of the forum, I'm sure everyone using it would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

@xfrocks
Some changes in the API of authorize.net

At Authorize.Net, the reliability of our platform is our first priority. Your business depends on our services, and we understand how important that is. To that end, we are implementing a new networking solution that will provide you with a superior level of processing reliability.

Please read this email thoroughly.

Akamai Network Technology
Over the coming months, Authorize.Net will be upgrading access to the Internet connections that serve our data centers. Instead of allowing direct connections, all Internet traffic will be routed through Akamai, a third-party cloud network service that routes and delivers Internet traffic.

Using Akamai network technology will help decrease latency and improve the reliability of our payment gateway. It will also help safeguard against interruptions caused by issues beyond Authorize.Net's direct control, such as Internet congestion, fiber cable cuts and other similar issues. Additionally, come October, merchants connected to Akamai should no longer be affected by planned downtimes.

Implementation Plan And Timeline
We are implementing Akamai's technology into our network in two phases.

• Phase One (Now through June 2016) — We have created three new URLs for transaction processing that are hosted by Akamai. You can update your website or payment solution to point to the new transaction URLs today, which will provide you with the immediate benefits detailed above. Come October, you should no longer be affected by planned downtimes.
  • Phase Two (June 2016) — We will automatically direct all of our existing transaction processing URLs to connect through Akamai in June of 2016. After this change, all transaction URLs will connect to Authorize.Net through Akamai.
IMPORTANT: To take advantage of the uptime benefits Akamai offers, we recommend you proactively update your website or payment solution during Phase One rather than waiting to be automatically updated during Phase Two.

Updating Your Solution
The new Akamai transaction URLs that are available now are:

Please contact your web developer or solution provider for assistance in updating to one of these new Akamai URLs.

Firewall And IP Address Considerations
If you do not use a firewall or do not connect directly via an IP address, then you can disregard this section. If you are unsure, please contact your web developer or solution provider. Click here if you need help finding a developer.

Using Akamai technology, Authorize.Net's IP addresses will become dynamic rather than static. If your website or payment solution uses a firewall that has whitelisted Authorize.Net's IP address or connects to Authorize.Net directly via an IP address, you will need to make additional changes.

• Firewall Considerations — If your solution uses a firewall to filter outbound connections, make sure that the firewall is set to permit outbound traffic to flow to the Akamai cloud by configuring your outbound firewall to "ANY."
    If you do not update your firewall ahead of June 2016, you will be unable to process transactions after Phase Two is implemented.
  • IP Address Considerations — If your solution connects to Authorize.Net directly via an IP address, you will need to update it to connect by domain name. Continuing to connect directly via an IP address is strongly discouraged as you will not receive the benefits of routing through Akamai, and you could suffer a loss of service if transactions are re-routed among our various data centers.
Akamai is available for testing now in our sandbox environment. We strongly encourage you to test your solution prior to making any production change to ensure that you will not experience any disruptions to your transaction processing.

Questions?
If you have any questions about the Akamai upgrade, please refer to our Akamai FAQs or submit an eTicket by logging into the Merchant Interface and clicking Contact Us from the upper right corner of any page.

Thank you for your attention to this important email. We appreciate your ongoing partnership and are excited to bring you the benefits and reliability that this enhanced service provides.

Sincerely,
Authorize.Net

I've searched this board many times and I can't find the answer to these few questions, so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

1. When a members pays for an upgrade/donation using authorize.net. Is this script set up to automatically give the member access. In other words change the members usergroup to the designated paid usergroup
2. If the script is upgrading the member to paid status in Authorize.net, you have to input the proper Relay Response in the Authorize.net admin section. Is there any instructions on what that replay response URL should be?

I currently have the 2 add-ons listed below installed
[bd] Paygate: AUTHORIZE.NET 1.0
[bd] Paygates 1.5.0b

I am able to receive upgrades/donations, but the members are not being upgraded, I have to do it manually.
I am getting the following error:
Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.
Transaction ID: 7791265881
Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

------------------------------An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

I'm coming from Vbulletin 3.8 the authorize.net process was seamless, the members paid and were upgraded without any help from me. I'm just curious is this system work the same way

Thanks - Veston

Top Bottom