Resource icon

[bd] Paygate: AUTHORIZE.NET 1.2.0

No permission to download
I've searched this board many times and I can't find the answer to these few questions, so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

1. When a members pays for an upgrade/donation using authorize.net. Is this script set up to automatically give the member access. In other words change the members usergroup to the designated paid usergroup
2. If the script is upgrading the member to paid status in Authorize.net, you have to input the proper Relay Response in the Authorize.net admin section. Is there any instructions on what that replay response URL should be?

I currently have the 2 add-ons listed below installed
[bd] Paygate: AUTHORIZE.NET 1.0
[bd] Paygates 1.5.0b

I am able to receive upgrades/donations, but the members are not being upgraded, I have to do it manually.
I am getting the following error:

I'm coming from Vbulletin 3.8 the authorize.net process was seamless, the members paid and were upgraded without any help from me. I'm just curious is this system work the same way

Thanks - Veston
1. Yes, the upgrade is processed automatically.
2. It does not use the Relay feature. It use returnUrl. If you already have an url set in your account, simply remove it.

1. Yes, the upgrade is processed automatically.
2. It does not use the Relay feature. It use returnUrl. If you already have an url set in your account, simply remove it.
xfrocks thank you very much for the response. I'm going to give it a try. :)

Veston

When people upgrade on my website, it does not give them a confirmation page, it just goes back to the home page. Really wish I could fix this!
Everything works but no confirmation page.

When people upgrade on my website, it does not give them a confirmation page, it just goes back to the home page. Really wish I could fix this!
Everything works but no confirmation page.
We have fixed this in the XenForo 2 version of this add-on. Are you planning to move anytime soon? Otherwise we may consider back porting the fix into this.

We have fixed this in the XenForo 2 version of this add-on. Are you planning to move anytime soon? Otherwise we may consider back porting the fix into this.

No, I'm not upgrading to XF2 anytime soon. How would I go about "back porting" it? I would be happy to pay you to fix it. One other note, I noticed in another software you did, you had the user specify the return URL in Authorize.net. Some users like myself use Authorize.net on several sites, so it's better to specify in the payment form.

Last edited:
@xfrocks does the issue have anything to do with the <input type="hidden" name="x_relay_url" value="{$callbackUrl}" /> code? Does that need to be a specific page on the site?
I know I added this to the code put in our logo and it works great
<input type="hidden" name="x_logo_URL" value="https://secure.authorize.net/mgraphics/Logo_379654.jpg" />

I know you are busy working on the widgets framework update but I will send you a paypal if you can get this working with a confirmation page.

@xfrocks does the issue have anything to do with the <input type="hidden" name="x_relay_url" value="{$callbackUrl}" /> code? Does that need to be a specific page on the site?
I know I added this to the code put in our logo and it works great
<input type="hidden" name="x_logo_URL" value="https://secure.authorize.net/mgraphics/Logo_379654.jpg" />

I know you are busy working on the widgets framework update but I will send you a paypal if you can get this working with a confirmation page.
No, it's unrelated. Basically there were no way to keep track of the return URL but there are some workaround (hack) now. I will see what can be done and get back to you.

Thanks @XFRock! on a related note, I just got an email from paypal saying that IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS needed implemented or my payments won't work sometime in the future. We take Paypal & AN. Does that affect your add on? Do we need to get a secure certificate for the forum?

Thanks @XFRock! on a related note, I just got an email from paypal saying that IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS needed implemented or my payments won't work sometime in the future. We take Paypal & AN. Does that affect your add on? Do we need to get a secure certificate for the forum?
The new version is out, please update and check if it works correctly on your site.

Regarding the HTTPS issue, yes, you must get a certificate or they will stop notifying your server about new transactions. Consider using Let's Encrypt, it's free!

Anyone else still using this? Recently it stopped upgrading my users automatically for some reason.
@ActorMike below is the email I got from Authorize.net, They gave me plenty of warning I just didn't act. It's been my intention to ask if anyone had this problem and come up with a solution. My system stopped working a few weeks ago and I've had to manually give members their upgrade time. When I get time I need to find someone who can fix this script. I guess I need a developer.

Here is the email

Authorize.Net is phasing out the MD5 hash, an older method used by shopping carts, payment modules and plugins to verify that transaction responses are genuine and from Authorize.Net. We have identified that you have this feature configured and may be relying on this older method.

Please contact your web developer or solutions provider and confirm if you are using an MD5-based hash. If so, you should begin plans for moving to SHA-512 hash via Signature Key.

The MD5 Hash will phase out in two phases:

Phase 1 - Starting later this month to early February 2019, we will remove ability to configure or update MD5 Hash setting in the Merchant Interface. There are no changes to the existing API response.

Phase 2 - Stop sending the MD5 Hash data element in the API response. This change will require that applications support the SHA-512 hash via signature key. Dates for phase 2 will be announced later but is expected in the next 2-3 months.

Please refer to our support article: MD5 Hash End of Life & Signature Key Replacement for more details and information on this change.
Thank you for your attention to this matter and for being an Authorize.Net merchant.

Sincerely,

Authorize.Net

Top Bottom