• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Medal System

It's not possible to run a second instance since the add-on depends on quite a few things to work. As far as I can imagine, it may support multiple displayset. But that sounds real complicated and not used by many...

Is it possible to rename it and install it again, as something else? I would imagine it would be a decent amount of code that would need to be changed.

By default, the image resize in the "message_user_info" block didn't work for me.

I achieved it editing the template "bdmedal_message_medals" and changing the line (just above the </a>):
Code:
{xen:helper medalimage, {$medal}, @bdMedal_messageImageSize}
for
Code:
{xen:helper medalimage, {$medal}, 'S'}

Logically, the "Small Picture" size must be set in the options.

EDIT: A good idea for the next version might be an option to choose the size of the image within the "message_user_info" block. Maybe a combobox with the options: T, S (if set), M (if set) and L.

EDIT2: To fit 4 medals per row, I recomend to set Small Size ('S') to 25px.

user_info.webp

I would like to add a box (border) where the awards would be. How can I do that ?

Great add on btw.

I would like to add a box (border) where the awards would be. How can I do that ?

Great add on btw.
There are a few places where they appears. You may need to take a screenshot and point it out so I (or other members) can help you

I mean a border around all displaying icon. I tried to add html but it doesn't works.
You didn't specify if you want to add a border in the post or not. But I assume that. You need to edit the template name "bdmedal_message_medals", you can use HTML there

(Edit 2)
Wow, there's a hidden option - lol (d'oh) :D.
Style Properties -> Member Profile Page -> Show Medals Block

I'd suggest better documentation for this little gem! Especially with the below in mind.

There was one thing for continuity though;
In bdmedal_member_view_sidebar_middle1, I added OverlayTrigger to the class="Tooltip" code.

---

(Edit)
I notice something similar is already done in the form of bdmedal_member_view_sidebar_middle1, although this doesn't load on my user profiles.. Hmm.. o_O

---

Having bumped into the discussed profile tabs problem (overflow), I'd like to see the Medals use a similar approach to Trophies.

ie. Instead of using a profile tab, as space is currently finite until Kier and Mike come up with a solution between them, place the medals on the left sidebar with the hook member_view_info_block and use the same overlay that is used on message_user_info.

The attached screen is photoshopped, but I do plan on coding it unless you beat me to it.. ;)

Attachments

• medal_profile.webp
    medal_profile.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 51
[bd] Medal System

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to your XenForo root
2. Import the xml file via AdminCP
3. Configure medals in AdminCP > Applications > Medal System
4. Configure position to show medals (post) in AdminCP > Home > Options > Messages
5. Import awards from Yet Another Awards System as needed: import users, threads, etc. as normal, there will be extra steps for you to import awards. Supports XenForo's core importer for vBulletin 3 and the unofficial vBulletin 4 importer.

i have a question.

Is there a way to make the Medals "Centered" in the box under your avatar and name on the forums? Right now it is alligned to the left and it looks kind of tacky on my site. Maybe there is some CSS i could use to Center my Medals?

Thanks!

i have a question.

Is there a way to make the Medals "Centered" in the box under your avatar and name on the forums? Right now it is alligned to the left and it looks kind of tacky on my site. Maybe there is some CSS i could use to Center my Medals?

Thanks!
No, currently you can't use CSS to make it centered. You will have to edit the template (named "bdmedal_message_medals")

can you show me how to edit it to center them? please? <3

=D
In "bdmedal_message_medals", you should edit it like this

Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.xf_bdmedal_awarded_cached}">
<div style="text-align: center">
<xen:foreach loop="$user.xf_bdmedal_awarded_cached" key="$key" value="$medal">
<xen:if is="{xen:property bdMedal_messageMax} == 0 OR {xen:property bdMedal_messageMax} > {$key}">
<a href="{xen:link 'members/medals', {$user}}"
class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip"
title="{$medal.name}. {xen:phrase awarded}: {xen:datetime {$medal.award_date}}"
data-offsetY="-{xen:calc '{xen:helper medalimagesize, {xen:property bdMedal_messageImageSize}} - 5'}"
>
{xen:helper medalimage, {$medal}, {xen:property bdMedal_messageImageSize}}
</a>
</xen:if>
</xen:foreach>
</div>
</xen:if>

(added the div)

Please note that I haven't tested this though :P

Top Bottom