1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Medal System

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by xfrocks, Apr 17, 2011.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

[bd] Medal System

[INSTALLATION]
    1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to your XenForo root
    2. Import the xml file via AdminCP
    3. Configure medals in AdminCP > Applications > Medal System
    4. Configure position to show medals (post) in AdminCP > Home > Options > Messages
    5. Import awards from Yet Another Awards System as needed: import users, threads, etc. as normal, there will be extra steps for you to import awards. Supports XenForo's core importer for vBulletin 3 and the unofficial vBulletin 4 importer.

Attached Files:

2. xfrocks

Sorry for my choice of default medals :p

Attached Files:

anass elarrag, intradox, Russ and 8 others like this.
  3. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Cute monsters xfrocks :D I will install this with the banking add-on. I Love your add-ons :)

anass elarrag likes this.
  4. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

Ah now I can move one of my boards to xenForo! YAY! :cool:

Could you write a brief description of the modification, please?

anass elarrag and Digital Doctor like this.
  5. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Awesome NESS!!! thanks man I'll install this baby for sure :D

How are the awards given out? Is there say 1000 posts = this award and its auto given?

6. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that you manually award them at this point.

7. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Awesome add-on, I'll install for sure.
    Thanks xfrocks, you did it (y)

8. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Question: I did the unofficial vb4 import back in March. Can I still use this to import YAAS data?

9. xfrocks

If you haven't finalized the import, you can import your data now :)

There's no automated stuff here. Manually only :) Trophy is automated, mate!

10. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Think there will be in time, mate? :love:

11. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Suggestions:
    1. Add reason when award a medal to user.
    2. Show medal reason on profile, under the medal description.
    3. Add medals count with user info, demo:
      4-18-2011 3-25-53 AM.png
    4. Add medals count on member card & bottom of the user info extra section as well.
    5. Alert user when award a medal.
    6. Start Conversation when award a medal, with a simple greeting message and medal title + detail + icon + link to profile's Award tab.

12. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Now if this over wrote the default trophys!!! Wow this could be even more epic :)

13. maidos

maidos Active Member

hope to see this feature automated, if it would, no doubt it will be a nice compliment to the trophy together...those two would be working well

14. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Another nice add-on I installed due to someone requesting medal icons on my site so installed for previewing purposes but I think this add-on is a keeper. (y)

I'm currently working on some medal icons for those who are interested. A small preview (below) there still a w.i.p while I settle on a size, colour with a few more design tweaks still needed.

Attached Files:

15. Shelley

For those who are using fixed width styles you may be experiencing the tabs in the profile area to span onto a new line due to the amount of tabs so you may want to add the following into their css.

Code:
    .profilePage .tabs.mainTabs li a
    {
    padding-left: 10px !important;
    padding-right: 10px !important;
    }

Suggestion: Really liking this add-on. (y) As with the Rep system suggestion I made, When somebody receives an award would it be possible that they get alerted with a description of the type of award they were offered? :)

Garamond, Veer, Michael Dance and 6 others like this.
  16. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Will alerts be added to this one also sir? :love:

Fufu and Shelley like this.
  17. xfrocks

Not likely because this is added manually by admin and in rare events only don't you think? :D

18. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Hmm not sure.. If I give member A it for getting 1000 posts they wouldn't know unless they read the medal page :) or saw it on the profile :D

jacko11 likes this.
  19. Shelley

I was thinking the same after I made the alert suggestion but on the rare events that you gain an award I honestly think it's worthwhile have the lert system in place for this (btw awesome add-on). I think it just completes it because I plan on using this as an item award system which will have more frequent awards to members. :)

Either way I'm liking the award system and it'll be on my site with or without the alert notification. (y)

Florian, Alien and Todd like this.
  20. xfrocks

Well, okie. I will add alert in the next version :cool:

sortlink, simbolo, Florian and 6 others like this.