• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Medal System

xfrocks

[bd] Medal System

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to your XenForo root
2. Import the xml file via AdminCP
3. Configure medals in AdminCP > Applications > Medal System
4. Configure position to show medals (post) in AdminCP > Home > Options > Messages
5. Import awards from Yet Another Awards System as needed: import users, threads, etc. as normal, there will be extra steps for you to import awards. Supports XenForo's core importer for vBulletin 3 and the unofficial vBulletin 4 importer.

Attachments

Awesome NESS!!! thanks man I'll install this baby for sure :D

How are the awards given out? Is there say 1000 posts = this award and its auto given?

Question: I did the unofficial vb4 import back in March. Can I still use this to import YAAS data?
If you haven't finalized the import, you can import your data now :)

Awesome NESS!!! thanks man I'll install this baby for sure :D

How are the awards given out? Is there say 1000 posts = this award and its auto given?
There's no automated stuff here. Manually only :) Trophy is automated, mate!

Suggestions:
  1. Add reason when award a medal to user.
  2. Show medal reason on profile, under the medal description.
  3. Add medals count with user info, demo:
    4-18-2011 3-25-53 AM.webp
  4. Add medals count on member card & bottom of the user info extra section as well.
  5. Alert user when award a medal.
  6. Start Conversation when award a medal, with a simple greeting message and medal title + detail + icon + link to profile's Award tab.

hope to see this feature automated, if it would, no doubt it will be a nice compliment to the trophy together...those two would be working well

Another nice add-on I installed due to someone requesting medal icons on my site so installed for previewing purposes but I think this add-on is a keeper. (y)

I'm currently working on some medal icons for those who are interested. A small preview (below) there still a w.i.p while I settle on a size, colour with a few more design tweaks still needed.

Attachments

• medals preview.webp
    medals preview.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 793
For those who are using fixed width styles you may be experiencing the tabs in the profile area to span onto a new line due to the amount of tabs so you may want to add the following into their css.

Code:
.profilePage .tabs.mainTabs li a
{
padding-left: 10px !important;
padding-right: 10px !important;
}

Suggestion: Really liking this add-on. (y) As with the Rep system suggestion I made, When somebody receives an award would it be possible that they get alerted with a description of the type of award they were offered? :)

Not likely because this is added manually by admin and in rare events only don't you think? :D
Hmm not sure.. If I give member A it for getting 1000 posts they wouldn't know unless they read the medal page :) or saw it on the profile :D

Not likely because this is added manually by admin and in rare events only don't you think? :D

I was thinking the same after I made the alert suggestion but on the rare events that you gain an award I honestly think it's worthwhile have the lert system in place for this (btw awesome add-on). I think it just completes it because I plan on using this as an item award system which will have more frequent awards to members. :)

Either way I'm liking the award system and it'll be on my site with or without the alert notification. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom