• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Medal System

Man.. I really hope this gets supported and fixed at some point.. this is EXACTLY what I need to boost my forum activity :( :(

I found a way to do it. It's not the nice ways but it works.
Instead of choosing "manual" choose "Bottom of the User Info Text Section (..) in the options menu".

Go to Templates -> message_user_info.

This template shows you the user information in a postbit.
Just search for the following code now:

Code:
<xen:hook name="message_user_info_text" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}"></xen:hook>

This code is among others responsible for the position of the medal.
Grab it and place it where you want to see your award medals.

I found a way to do it. It's not the nice ways but it works.
Instead of choosing "manual" choose "Bottom of the User Info Text Section (..) in the options menu".

Go to Templates -> message_user_info.

This template shows you the user information in a postbit.
Just search for the following code now:

Code:
<xen:hook name="message_user_info_text" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}"></xen:hook>

This code is among others responsible for the position of the medal.
Grab it and place it where you want to see your award medals.
So you're saying that this add on is still working? I thought I read a few posts back it was unsupported and didn't work anymore. If so, I need to figure out what I am doing wrong, because my members are dying for this.

i got this mod working on my forum, 1.0.4. Its working well, however you cant spend points yet unless you modify the points in mySQL.

i got this mod working on my forum, 1.0.4. Its working well, however you cant spend points yet unless you modify the points in mySQL.
You got medals showing up under avatars? Small icons?

Can I message you for details? I understand if not :)

Ha.. wow.. crossed [bd] Banking with [bd] Points, my bad. It's been a long day. LOL.

Either way I will respond to your message Ray.

Ha.. wow.. crossed [bd] Banking with [bd] Points, my bad. It's been a long day. LOL.

Either way I will respond to your message Ray.
I just figured it out.. didn't know I had to click controls, award medal.

Thank you for your time :)

For those that want to show the medals under the avatar and have them at 12x12px, here is where to do it:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Member Profile Page
Change the Medal Tab Image Size to T for the small icons.

Can you guide me how to enter width & height? any example please.

View attachment 14443
Well, sorry for the lack of instruction :P

You can enter any values in these 2 fields. For example, if you want small images to be 20px (width & height), you can enter 20 in the Small field.From now on, every new medal will have an additional resolution of 20x20. You can use the size code S to use the 20x20 images. And yes, the size code T (stands for Tiny) is 12x12 ;)

Considering this to 'level up' users a little bit, for contributing to the site..
Can staff assign medals to users? Or perhaps if they post in a certain forum?

'Awarded: Writing Medal'; when a new thread in the articles/ forum is published ...
(and if the staff takes away the thread, because it was spam, the medal disappears as well)

Is there a way to reset all awards to none ? I would like to use it for photo of the month and clear all awards at the end of the year!

Does not seem to work:

Server Error

Non-image passed in to _prepareImage
  1. bdMedal_DataWriter_Medal->_prepareImage() in bdMedal/DataWriter/Medal.php at line 22
  2. bdMedal_DataWriter_Medal->setImage() in bdMedal/Installer.php at line 126
  3. bdMedal_Installer::_installDemoData() in bdMedal/Installer.php at line 70
  4. bdMedal_Installer::install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 189
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/www/enclosedgaming.com/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

It is working for me. The board version is 1.0.4. Are you sure you are using allowed image extension for it? The message says clearly that no image was received to the _prepareImage method. :confused:

I have a question on this....

I love the add-on, completely. My question is, how would I be able to have another instance of it showing? As in.... instead of it being called [bd]Medal System, have it running as [bd]Sales System.

I ask because we have a couple different things going, and I would like to have the ability to "sell" small postbit icons, either team logos, game logos, brands, etc.... I love the way this works, and the fact I have control over it all. I would want it identical in every way, just the name changed so it could be used as something different, and I could lower the location of where the icons show up.

Is this possible? Or a hassle? Something I could do myself.... I am kinda lost on this one.

I have a question on this....

I love the add-on, completely. My question is, how would I be able to have another instance of it showing? As in.... instead of it being called [bd]Medal System, have it running as [bd]Sales System.

I ask because we have a couple different things going, and I would like to have the ability to "sell" small postbit icons, either team logos, game logos, brands, etc.... I love the way this works, and the fact I have control over it all. I would want it identical in every way, just the name changed so it could be used as something different, and I could lower the location of where the icons show up.

Is this possible? Or a hassle? Something I could do myself.... I am kinda lost on this one.

It's not possible to run a second instance since the add-on depends on quite a few things to work. As far as I can imagine, it may support multiple displayset. But that sounds real complicated and not used by many...

Top Bottom