• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Medal System

Great mod - I look forward to installing it. In addition to an alert, it would also be beneficial to have something show up in the "Recent Activities" page, indicating a user just received an award. (this showcases the award and publicly acknowledges the user, good for community recognition)

--Ed

Yeah, profile statuses, trophies, and moods (via add-ons) are already on that page.. It would be awesome to have the medal alerts added too!

New version has just been released. Added alert, news feed, etc. as requested. I planed to have one more feature but it's complicated than anticipated so it's not here yet (integration with trophy).

Can you guide me how to enter width & height? any example please.

medalxx.webp

I am not too happy about import method as it does not have the smaller images for the postbit or does not save imported images to its own independent folder.

However, I am very happy there was [bd] Medal to import my user's awards. Thank you xfrocks!

I will be looking for more updates to this modification!
ali_031.gif

xfrocks, is it possible to add medal icons through the image url, simply upload images somewhere /home/site/public_html/images/medals directory and just type the image url/path in image icon fields. Two fields, 1 for large and 2nd for small. This is how YAAS works on vB. The actual problem is, when we upload our animated .gif medals or .png formatted transparent medals, after upload it auto resize and convert images to the jpg format, In the end we don't get animated medals or transparent png medals. It would be great if you consider and provide a better solution for this.

Thanks for great work so far, keep it up.

Can you guide me how to enter width & height? any example please.

View attachment 14443
Normally, the system keeps 2 versions of your image: the original version and a tiny version (12x12), mostly to use in AdminCP
If you want to use another version of the image, you can enter the smaller size here. Say you can enter 24 in the Medium field. For each medals, the system will have saves 3 versions (original, medium and tiny). If you don't use it, you just leave it 0

I am not too happy about import method as it does not have the smaller images for the postbit or does not save imported images to its own independent folder.

However, I am very happy there was [bd] Medal to import my user's awards. Thank you xfrocks!

I will be looking for more updates to this modification!
ali_031.gif
It does store images in its own directory (/data/medals), the images in /intenal_data is temporary only. Actually, they should be removed after the import. Well, I will look into that later.

xfrocks, is it possible to add medal icons through the image url, simply upload images somewhere /home/site/public_html/images/medals directory and just type the image url/path in image icon fields. Two fields, 1 for large and 2nd for small. This is how YAAS works on vB. The actual problem is, when we upload our animated .gif medals or .png formatted transparent medals, after upload it auto resize and convert images to the jpg format, In the end we don't get animated medals or transparent png medals. It would be great if you consider and provide a better solution for this.

Thanks for great work so far, keep it up.
Your original image is saved so you can use your gif there (the ext is jpg but it will animate, I tested). For smaller size, I personally think that it's easier to let the system organize it for you. There ways to resize and keep animation. We will see

Your original image is saved so you can use your gif there (the ext is jpg but it will animate, I tested). For smaller size, I personally think that it's easier to let the system organize it for you. There ways to resize and keep animation. We will see
Okay, I will test animated images and report later. What about transparent png images? does that also remain transparent after resize? I mean original saves but what about resized mediums?

Okay, I will test animated images and report later. What about transparent png images? does that also remain transparent after resize? I mean original saves but what about resized mediums?
Transparent PNG images have no problem when they are resized (the demo images are all transparent PNG)

When I add "<xen:include template="bdmedal_message_medals" />" it gives errors

Code:
Template Errors: thread_view

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/animelon/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(262) : eval()'d code, line 1009:

1008:    ';
    1009: foreach ($post['xf_bdmedal_awarded_cached'] AS $key => $medal)
    1010: {

Am I adding it wrong?

Also is there a way to show only the last 4 medals? if the use has more it will show the only "last" ones given?

Cheers

Just uninstalled this mod as I realised it wasn't required at this moment in time. Problem is when I click on a users recent activity on their profile page I get the following error

The following error occurred:

Invalid news feed handler 'bdMedal_NewsFeedHandler_Medal' specified
XenForo_NewsFeedHandler_Abstract::create() in XenForo/Model/NewsFeed.php at line 587
XenForo_Model_NewsFeed->_getNewsFeedHandlerFromCache() in XenForo/Model/NewsFeed.php at line 324
XenForo_Model_NewsFeed->_getContentForNewsFeedItems() in XenForo/Model/NewsFeed.php at line 132
XenForo_Model_NewsFeed->fillOutNewsFeedItems() in XenForo/Model/NewsFeed.php at line 108
XenForo_Model_NewsFeed->getNewsFeed() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 421
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionRecentActivity() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/refchat/public_html/index.php at line 13

Any ideas how to resolve this?
Thanks

Sorry for a silly question:
I have installed this addon. But i have no plan how it works :oops:
Does this only works with the Yet Another Awards System
Can anyone post a small briefing for dummie? :whistle:

Cool mod, but like Richey and others have said, adding manually doesn't work :confused:

I use conditionals as part of awards so the manual edit is a necessity!

Top Bottom