Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
ok, thanks, i just wanted to turn it off for a bit. The only issue is the key is now gone but I think i can retrieve it from the Mandrill site.

@xfrocks,

We get a lot of bounced emails, does this mean that next time we send an email to the entire site, it won't send it to those bounced users again?

If so, does that feature only work with external sites?

@xfrocks,

We get a lot of bounced emails, does this mean that next time we send an email to the entire site, it won't send it to those bounced users again?

If so, does that feature only work with external sites?
How do you know about the bounced emails? Which provider are you using? In theory, the add-on will skip sending email to those users.

How do you know about the bounced emails? Which provider are you using? In theory, the add-on will skip sending email to those users.

Because xenforo sends them back to the default email. The notifications I mean.

Will it work with the default way the board sends emails or do I have to use one of those external email services?

Because xenforo sends them back to the default email. The notifications I mean.

Will it work with the default way the board sends emails or do I have to use one of those external email services?
Oh, it does not work with the default sender. If you use those, you have to edit the user yourself and mark them as "not confirmed".

I have no preference actually. They seem to be the same to me :D But I do use Mandrill.

Amazing Addon and switching to Mandrill has been great, just so many nice tools.

Have you considered allowing support for this? https://mandrillapp.com/tags/

You can have the addon stick in a tag for the different emails that xF sends, like registration, and what ever else it sends emails for. Password-Resets, etc.

So it can all be tracked.

Amazing Addon and switching to Mandrill has been great, just so many nice tools.

Have you considered allowing support for this? https://mandrillapp.com/tags/

You can have the addon stick in a tag for the different emails that xF sends, like registration, and what ever else it sends emails for. Password-Resets, etc.

So it can all be tracked.
Yes, it was something I considered. But currently unclear how should I tag emails :)

After setting this up for my forum, I found a Mandrill API module for Magento which uses tags. Makes it nice and easy to separate the Magento emails from the forum emails.
upload_2013-12-17_11-17-26.webp

Not personally sure how useful it would be for the forum mail though, as it's easy enough to find the bounces...
upload_2013-12-17_11-20-29.webp

Top Bottom