Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
Looks like a great addon and am planning on installing this, but would like to know the following:

Currently I have all my forum emails (the forum's domain email as a whole) managed by an external provider, Fastmail. Basically I have set up my MX nameservers with Fastmail, so the email portion of my domain is hosted on Fastmail, and the rest on my own server.

So when someone sends an email to me@forumdomain.com, it goes to Fastmail's servers.

I also have set up XenForo's email to use Fastmail's SMTP servers, so all sent forum mail has gone through their servers.

How - if at all - does this affect this addon?

I'm thinking of going with Mandrill, but can I continue having my domain's email hosted on Fastmail (to receive and send), and only have the forum's outgoing emails go through Mandrill?

You (xfrocks) talked about setting up a subdomain in previous pages of this thread, is this something that I should do to get Mandrill set up correctly?

Thanks in advance :-)

Looks like a great addon and am planning on installing this, but would like to know the following:

Currently I have all my forum emails (the forum's domain email as a whole) managed by an external provider, Fastmail. Basically I have set up my MX nameservers with Fastmail, so the email portion of my domain is hosted on Fastmail, and the rest on my own server.

So when someone sends an email to me@forumdomain.com, it goes to Fastmail's servers.

I also have set up XenForo's email to use Fastmail's SMTP servers, so all sent forum mail has gone through their servers.

How - if at all - does this affect this addon?

I'm thinking of going with Mandrill, but can I continue having my domain's email hosted on Fastmail (to receive and send), and only have the forum's outgoing emails go through Mandrill?

You (xfrocks) talked about setting up a subdomain in previous pages of this thread, is this something that I should do to get Mandrill set up correctly?

Thanks in advance :)
It's doable because Mandrill (or other provider) only need you to setup DKIM/SPF for the domain which can be done easily for 2 different sender (Mandrill and Fastmail for example). However, I still suggest using a subdomain setup because in the future, this add-on may include feature like inbound processing (e.g.: reply to email to reply to a conversation).

I tried [bd]Mails + Mandrill
Mails go in spambox with Gmail like without using Mandrill
I have 2 websites on 2 different servers and problem is the same.

- 3 old gmail mailboxes and 1 new gmail. Every time mail go in spam boxes
- 2 yahoo mailboxes : no problem, work fine
- With live : no mail, nothing. And impossible to user to ask sending new email

I tried with 2 different websites on 2 differents dedicated cpanel server.

- 3 old gmail mailboxes and 1 new gmail. Every time mail go in spam boxes
- 2 yahoo mailboxes : no problem, work fine
- With live : no mail, nothing. And impossible to user to ask sending new email

I tried with 2 different websites on 2 differents dedicated cpanel server.
I have started a conversation with you, please send the email to the address in that conversation.

I use mandrill for several sites now, and don't have any issues with gmail putting them in spam

My websites are new and no trust for gmail
I suspect the 4 links inside email
How change email style and remove <a href=...> ?

Last edited:
@xfrocks
I have set up Mandrill and "bd mails" works great with threads/conversation notices, password reset etc...
Now I'm trying to send mails to forum user from the ACP (/admin.php?users/email) and it seem that are not sent from Mandrill.
I'm on xenForo 1.1.5

@xfrocks
I have set up Mandrill and "bd mails" works great with threads/conversation notices, password reset etc...
Now I'm trying to send mails to forum user from the ACP (/admin.php?users/email) and it seem that are not sent from Mandrill.
I'm on xenForo 1.1.5
To be honest, I haven't tested with 1.1.5 but I have just checked 1.1.5 source code and it should work. How did you know that those emails haven't went through Mandrill?

Because:
  • They appear in /var/log/mail.log
  • They don't appear in the activity of Mandrill
  • In Gmail the source mailed-by of is not madrillapp.com but domain.com

Because:
  • They appear in /var/log/mail.log
  • They don't appear in the activity of Mandrill
  • In Gmail the source mailed-by of is not madrillapp.com but domain.com
Oh, so they definitely went through sendmail instead of Mandrill...

Top Bottom