• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Forum Watch

Excellent add-on - thanks very much - is there a way to move the link in the navigation bar?

My membership have become used to "What's New" being on the END of the navigation line - and have been clicking Watched Forums by mistake as it has been added to the end of the line. Any way to move the position?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Okay, I've found a quick-fix way of doing it:

Template: navigation

Comment out the What's New link:

Code:
<!-- <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li> -->

Template: forumwatch_navigation_tabs_forums

Add it below the Watched Forums link:

Rich (BB code):
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/forums'}">{xen:phrase forumwatch_watched_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>

Cheers,
Shaun :D

FAQ
  1. Q: Does user receive email for all replies?
    A: Yes. The thread/forum view time is COMPLETELY ignored.
  2. Q: What if a user both watches thread and watches forum?
    A: If user watches a forum, that user won't see the option to watch thread so the only way for somebody to watch both is watching thread first and then start watching the forum. If it's the case, the addon WILL NOT send any notification and let the core XenForo functionality do its job.

Bugs?
I have a forum where the permission is only set so that members can only see threads that they create. They can't see threads by other members.
When they watch this forum and select email notification, they will get email for every thread in the forum created by other members. They can't see it however.

The desired approach would be that they should not received email alerts from this forum created by others. In short, the new XF permission setting should be included.

In other Forum software, the Watch Forum software allowed you to go to "My Watched" and then there would ONLY be a list of the forums you are watching, that way you can browse and surf by only seeing your interested Forums.

Currently with this it shows ALL the forums, and ONLY a checkbox to remove or modify your current subscribe to that Forum. Example is I have 50 forums. ALL are listed and only 1 has a checkbox, this is a Forum I am watching. Would be nice if JUST that Forum was on that page so I could see the 'Latest Threads' and browse to them directly.

Your screenshot on your second post shows just that Forum that you have subscribed to, not ALL the forums. Or do you just have one forum?

I will attach a screen and see what you think.

Google ChromeScreenSnapz008.webp

You can see just 1 checkbox. Would be nice that on this page is just showed that 1 forum, not ALL. I thought this was the way it was working earlier but then I was directed to show now it shows ALL of them. Maybe a change/bug from the newest version?

Top Bottom