[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

This looks like a very promising ad-on.
I am currently running test runs for an upcoming VB4 to XF import and layout my deployment strategy. In VB I currently use file storage.
Is it possible to install and activate this ad-on prior to the default VB import script or the Vbulletin Big Board Importer so that attachments never get inserted into the database in the first place but instead get stored in on the local filesystem?

Basically cut out one step on my journey.
Instead of:
VB Filesystem > XF db > XF filesystem

Use this plugin to get:
VB Filesystem > XF filesystem

Unique / Total Attachments 122,294 / 112,937
Attachment File-size Sum 26.32 GB
Disk Space Used 24.31 GB
Storage TypeAttachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at /home/x/public_html/forum/attachments
Average Attachment File-size 225.7 KB
Total Downloads 18,358,716
XenForo by default stores attachment in file system already (original files in internal_data, thumbnails in data). There is no database storage option (similar to vBulletin).
With this add-on, you have more options to store the attachments: upload to Amazon S3, upload to external server via FTP, all files (original and thumbnail) in data for fast access.

So to answer your question: Nope.

I think this is the addon I'm looking for but before purchasing I'd like to clarify some things. I'm looking to use this to store the attachments with their file extensions in tact on the local file system. I use Pagespeed and I'd like it to be able to detect attachment extensions so it can optimize and cache them.

Will this addon fill that purpose? Also how would uninstalling work if we needed to get rid of the extension and return to XenForo's default attachment management?

Hi I have a question: am I able to get this to work for "Resources" and "Galleries" besides attachments? It would be great if all the uploads (resources, gallery pictures, attachments files) to my forum is hosted at S3

Hi I have a question: am I able to get this to work for "Resources" and "Galleries" besides attachments? It would be great if all the uploads (resources, gallery pictures, attachments files) to my forum is hosted at S3
Resources, XenMediaGallery and Showcase all work with this add-on.

@xfrocks
Is it possible to:
  • Store avatars in S3 as well
  • Bring all this data from S3 back into data / internal_data if I ever need to remove this addon.
What I would like to do is completely nuke data and internal_data from existence, so that I can easily create a XenForo 'cluster', and no data needs to be stored locally.

@xfrocks
Is it possible to:
  • Store avatars in S3 as well
  • Bring all this data from S3 back into data / internal_data if I ever need to remove this addon.
What I would like to do is completely nuke data and internal_data from existence, so that I can easily create a XenForo 'cluster', and no data needs to be stored locally.
Answers:

Thanks for the quick response!
Just to double check, avatars will be rebuilt as well?
Avatars are rebuilt separately (by the other add-on). So your steps are:
  1. Install both add-on
  2. Configure [bd] Attachment Store with S3 credentials
  3. Move attachments to S3 using tool of [bd] Attachment Store
  4. Move avatars to attachments using tool of [bd] Avatar As Attachment (behind the scene, [bd] Attachment Store will take over and upload to S3)

Avatars are rebuilt separately (by the other add-on). So your steps are:
  1. Install both add-on
  2. Configure [bd] Attachment Store with S3 credentials
  3. Move attachments to S3 using tool of [bd] Attachment Store
  4. Move avatars to attachments using tool of [bd] Avatar As Attachment (behind the scene, [bd] Attachment Store will take over and upload to S3)
But in the future, if I decide to remove both of these addons, I can simply run the tool of each of them, and then remove them without worry?

But in the future, if I decide to remove both of these addons, I can simply run the tool of each of them, and then remove them without worry?
Yes, you can remove them by doing those steps in reversed. Steps to remove:
  1. Move avatars back from attachments using tool of [bd] Avatar As Attachment
  2. Move attachments back from S3 using tool of [bd] Attachment Store
  3. Uninstall both add-on
Actually step 1 and 2 can be switched to each other.

@xfrocks are signed URLs (ie: permission enforcement) only available via Cloudfront? Or can they be used with raw S3 (and subsequently Cloudflare) access?

@xfrocks are signed URLs (ie: permission enforcement) only available via Cloudfront? Or can they be used with raw S3 (and subsequently Cloudflare) access?
Sorry, it is a CloudFront feature and only available with CloudFront. Amazon S3 is just a dumb storage system and it can't verify signature. It doesn't make sense to put behind a CDN like CloudFlare anyway because the signed URL should be invalid after a specified amount of time.

@xfrocks I've just opened a thread with a lot of images (60 images). Normally, MetaMirror would instert these as attachments into the post, replacing the current images with the new ones. But instead, the images are being piled up, again and again. I mean it fetches the images, and it does it again and so on. But the images inside the post aren't being replaced...

@xfrocks I've just opened a thread with a lot of images (60 images). Normally, MetaMirror would instert these as attachments into the post, replacing the current images with the new ones. But instead, the images are being piled up, again and again. I mean it fetches the images, and it does it again and so on. But the images inside the post aren't being replaced...
Hmm, probably you need to check the server log to see if there is any errors. Or contact the other add-on's author?

xfrocks updated [bd] Attachment Store with a new update entry:

Minor feature update

Added ignored extensions option

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for this great feature :) With this I can upload files of my resource manager (zip and 7z) to the external server, normal attachments like images can stay on the default location!

Top Bottom