[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

I just noticed the internal_data/temp folder is 350+ MB

All files in there have the xf prefix.

The directory is taking up more disk space every day.
And it seems like they never get deleted. (Folder is chmod 777)

Does someone have an idea how I can fix this?
Same here but the files have a bdasd prefix and it's taking 3.5 GB.

Just to be clear, this doesn't change file urls, correct? So, no penalties with Google Images or anything?

Does this add-on affect the attachment_views in any way? Just came to my attention that no attachment views have been tallied for quite some time board-wide. Just trying to figure out why... we have our attachments stored in the external 'data' directory.

Does this add-on affect the attachment_views in any way? Just came to my attention that no attachment views have been tallied for quite some time board-wide. Just trying to figure out why... we have our attachments stored in the external 'data' directory.
The default options will affect attachment views. You can enable enforce permissions option to have them back.

1. set the option in your admincp -> attachments to default storage method
2. go to your rebuild caches page and "move attachments" (i'd leave it at the default 50 per cycle)
3. uninstall the addon.
I tried it, but it does not work. :(

I wanted from S3 back to default. I set this the option in admincp -> attachments to default storage method.
Then rebuild caches page and "move attachments". It will be recreated. But after it, all is the same, the attachmentlink is the old one, and no data is moved back to local data folder.
attachments.webp

In the temp folder i found alot of files that contain this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Error><Code>MissingKey</Code><Message>Missing Key-Pair-Id query parameter or cookie value</Message></Error>

Last edited:
I tried it, but it does not work. :(

I wanted from S3 back to default. I set this the option in admincp -> attachments to default storage method.
Then rebuild caches page and "move attachments". It will be recreated. But after it, all is the same, the attachmentlink is the old one, and no data is moved back to local data folder.
View attachment 103681

In the temp folder i found alot of files that contain this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Error><Code>MissingKey</Code><Message>Missing Key-Pair-Id query parameter or cookie value</Message></Error>
If you configure to upload to S3, are new attachments being uploaded successfully?

Now it works. I only have to disable a option in cloudfront "signed-urls". Now i can move it back to default.
Thanks for this great plugin. :)

Quick presales question from a xenforo newb (just doing my first board). Would this work with the Xenforo Media Gallery plugin without issue i.e. S3 CDN for all gallery images in addition to regular image uploads?

And it works on the latest 1.4.06?

And last question, I plan on migrating a smallish forum to xenforo from a VB3.8+VBSeo board, I don't mind if existing images remain server side, would keeping the S3 plugin enabled during migration have any adverse effects? Or should I disable it until after?

I am having some trouble with this plugin and the S3 integration.

My forum has been migrated from a vBulletin 3.6 installation. I am trying to push 25,000 attachments to S3 and have them served out of S3/Cloudfront.

What are the exact steps I need to do to move these attachments across, and have future attachments saved and served from the same place?

Jason

Weird. It should work with signed urls too. Glad it works for you anyway :)

Another question, would this work with cdn77.com instead of s3? Would that fall under ftp? Just read through your guide (on s3/cloudflare) and didn't see a guide for ftp.

Curious as cdn77 offers a free 50gig storage tier + cdn so you can define your cdn cname to front your cdn77 ftp datasource... Just wondering if this addon can handle that situation.

Thanks.

Hi @xfrocks I'm sorry I'm sure this question has been asked, I just can't find it :( If I want to move attachments from the external data dir to S3, do I have to first move them to the xf default internal_data location, then to s3? Thanks!

Quick presales question from a xenforo newb (just doing my first board). Would this work with the Xenforo Media Gallery plugin without issue i.e. S3 CDN for all gallery images in addition to regular image uploads?

And it works on the latest 1.4.06?

And last question, I plan on migrating a smallish forum to xenforo from a VB3.8+VBSeo board, I don't mind if existing images remain server side, would keeping the S3 plugin enabled during migration have any adverse effects? Or should I disable it until after?
Yes, it works with the gallery add-on on latest versions. And no problem keeping it on during migration.

I am having some trouble with this plugin and the S3 integration.

My forum has been migrated from a vBulletin 3.6 installation. I am trying to push 25,000 attachments to S3 and have them served out of S3/Cloudfront.

What are the exact steps I need to do to move these attachments across, and have future attachments saved and served from the same place?

Jason
You just need to migrate the normal way, check everything is in place then install the add-on and run the move tool in AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild Cache.

Another question, would this work with cdn77.com instead of s3? Would that fall under ftp? Just read through your guide (on s3/cloudflare) and didn't see a guide for ftp.

Curious as cdn77 offers a free 50gig storage tier + cdn so you can define your cdn cname to front your cdn77 ftp datasource... Just wondering if this addon can handle that situation.

Thanks.
Yes, FTP can be used with any provider that allows file upload via ftp. There is no guide because it's quite simple, you can ask here if you have issue.

Hi @xfrocks I'm sorry I'm sure this question has been asked, I just can't find it :( If I want to move attachments from the external data dir to S3, do I have to first move them to the xf default internal_data location, then to s3? Thanks!
Yes, you need to choose default in the attachment option page. Run the move tool to move existing files to default location. Then choose S3 in the option page and run the move tool again.

Hello xfrocks.
The license of this addon is transferable?
Yes, it is possible.

Purchased, installed and working like a charm. XF 1.4.7
Thanks for your great addon and your great service.
AWESOME! ★★★★★

Top Bottom