[bd] API

[bd] API 1.6.3

No permission to download
Hey @xfrocks , I have found an issues (maybe not) that all messages which contain some smilies use relative paths. Such as: styles/default/.../.png So I think it's should be absolute path/URL. Is that right?
Also I think I found an bug. When i use custom parameters in URL. Such as order parameter then your JSON response link next did not include the order in URL,
Eg:
Code:
links =     {
        next = "http://***/api/index.php?conversation-messages/&conversation_id=3&page=2&oauth_token=***";
        page = 1;
        pages = 2;
    };

Attempting to authenticate users:

Code:
GET
http://forumroot.com/api/?oauth/authenticate?grant_type=password&username=username&password=PASS&client_id=API_KEY&client_secret=CLIENT_SECRET&redirect_uri=URL

getting this response:

Code:
{"errors":["You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."],"system_info":{"visitor_id":0,"time":1448982256}}
You have two question marks in your url.

Hey @xfrocks , I have found an issues (maybe not) that all messages which contain some smilies use relative paths. Such as: styles/default/.../.png So I think it's should be absolute path/URL. Is that right?
Nice find. Absolute urls should be use but that part is currently being handled by XenForo. I will see what I can do.

Also I think I found an bug. When i use custom parameters in URL. Such as order parameter then your JSON response link next did not include the order in URL,
Eg:
Code:
links =     {
        next = "http://***/api/index.php?conversation-messages/&conversation_id=3&page=2&oauth_token=***";
        page = 1;
        pages = 2;
    };
Which order value are you using?

Code:
order=natural_reverse

I belive that it's will change more places :D
Weird. It appears to work correctly with the latest version (from github). You are probably running an old version with some bug in conversation messages.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 11.40.04 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 11.40.04 PM.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 6
Yep. I have download package of add-on there :D
Can you grant access to your test server via convo? I want to have a look regarding your issue.

@xfrocks, can you make information about user's groups available publicly? I think it would be nice to have that fields available.
User group is only available for the current logged in user and when viewing user as admin. It is a security feature, I may add a new option to make it public though. What are you trying to do?

Can you grant access to your test server via convo? I want to have a look regarding your issue.

User group is only available for the current logged in user and when viewing user as admin. It is a security feature, I may add a new option to make it public though. What are you trying to do?

my client app relies heavily on first-time, one-way binding mechanism. Many properties are dependent on usergroup's attributes and checking those for every user each time app loaded is impossible :)

my client app relies heavily on first-time, one-way binding mechanism. Many properties are dependent on usergroup's attributes and checking those for every user each time app loaded is impossible :)
If you have the user token, the user group information is available for that user anyway. That should be sufficient for your app?

@xfrocks

Still looking to learn more about this and exactly what it does.

Please answer my question when you get the chance about combining 2 log in systems with php-nuke and xenforo. How I could go about doing this with the API. Thanks for your help.

@xfrocks

Still looking to learn more about this and exactly what it does.

Please answer my question when you get the chance about combining 2 log in systems with php-nuke and xenforo. How I could go about doing this with the API. Thanks for your help.
Hi there,

It's possible to combine login system with this add-on installed on XenForo. 2 implementations are available:
In the github repo, you will find the PHP demo project which can be used to understand how to authenticate via OAuth2: https://github.com/xfrocks/bdApi/tree/master/php_demo

Hi there,

It's possible to combine login system with this add-on installed on XenForo. 2 implementations are available:
In the github repo, you will find the PHP demo project which can be used to understand how to authenticate via OAuth2: https://github.com/xfrocks/bdApi/tree/master/php_demo

Thank you for your help. I will study up on this and let you know if I have any questions once I learn how to use it. I've never tried anything like this.

I think your last link will come most in handy since my idea was php-nuke. This is something I've been looking into for some time but never could manage or figure out how.

If there's any more documentation at all feel free to send it my way. I'll try your last link which may prove enough.

Anyways, great mod you have here. I'm sure this has helped/will help a lot of people.

Hi,
I have a few questions:
1. Is this compatible with XF 1.5.5 and WP 4.3+ ?
2. All I want is my XF users to be able to comment on the WP side without relogin and while keeping their avatar, does this addon do that easily? (do I need to manually sync user IDs or something like this?)

Hi,
I have a few questions:
1. Is this compatible with XF 1.5.5 and WP 4.3+ ?
2. All I want is my XF users to be able to comment on the WP side without relogin and while keeping their avatar, does this addon do that easily? (do I need to manually sync user IDs or something like this?)
1. Yes. Please note that you need to install one additional WordPress plugin (here)
2. Yes. And no, you don't have to do anything manually.

If you have the user token, the user group information is available for that user anyway. That should be sufficient for your app?
maybe there are some misunderstandings. I need to check usergroups for a mass number of users (for example, all users posting in a specific thread). Of course, checking based on everybody's login to get their usergroups is impossible.

maybe there are some misunderstandings. I need to check usergroups for a mass number of users (for example, all users posting in a specific thread). Of course, checking based on everybody's login to get their usergroups is impossible.
Then you should get a token for an admin account, getting user info with admin token will return user group information.

Then you should get a token for an admin account, getting user info with admin token will return user group information.
so, extra requests for an informatively exposable property (one for initial information and one for only the usergroup fields)? It doesn't seem really sound :)

Has anybody build a bridge to Drupal 7 using this API?!
None that I know of.

so, extra requests for an informatively exposable property (one for initial information and one for only the usergroup fields)? It doesn't seem really sound :)
No, just one request but use the admin token instead of normal token. User group information is not exposed normally on front end so the API tries to do the same.

Top Bottom