Resource icon

[bd] Anonymous Posting 2.3.2

No permission to download
Shouldn't this be uncommented?

Code:
    public function AnonymousPosting_actionAddThread(XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread $dw, XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage $postDw)
    {
        $poster = AnonymousPosting_Engine::processAnonymousPosting($dw->get('node_id'), 0, $this, $postDw);

//        if (!empty($poster)) {
//            $dw->set('user_id', $poster['user_id']);
//            $dw->set('username', $poster['username']);
//            $dw->set('last_post_user_id', $poster['user_id']);
//            $dw->set('last_post_username', $poster['username']);
//        }
    }

I get this error when trying to upgrade from 2.3.0 (using Audentio's upgrader):

Callback AnonymousPosting_Listener::init_dependencies is invalid (Invalid Method).

Edit: There was a link to "Upgrade Add-on" after the error occurred, so I clicked that, and I'm now supposedly at version 2.3.1 anyway, but the RoboHash feature doesn't seem to kick in. It's still using the avatar of the Anonymous user, even though RoboHash is enabled in the options.

Last edited:
If I (as admin) go into the back and search for the number of users that have posted at least once. I don't think that includes those users that have always chosen to post anonymously right? So a user could have posted 4 times (each post anonymously) and they wouldn't be counted in this search.

If I (as admin) go into the back and search for the number of users that have posted at least once. I don't think that includes those users that have always chosen to post anonymously right? So a user could have posted 4 times (each post anonymously) and they wouldn't be counted in this search.
That's correct.

I get this error when trying to upgrade from 2.3.0 (using Audentio's upgrader):

Callback AnonymousPosting_Listener::init_dependencies is invalid (Invalid Method).

#1 - Is the above going to be fixed?

#2 - We experienced a significant bug with this add-on today. A user posted a new thread anonymously. In the actual thread, it showed correctly as the anonymous account. However, in at least three places:
  • the recent activity / news feed
  • the "last messages" view, and
  • that sub-forum's main page
it shows the new thread with the poster's actual username and avatar. This is a huge problem.

This only happens when a new thread is created anonymously. If a user anonymously adds a post to an existing thread, it does not seem to occur.

I believe this bug surfaced during a recent update of XF, probably to 1.5.4 or 1.5.5.

[Edited for clarity.]

Last edited:
#2 - We experienced a significant bug with this add-on today. A user posted a new thread anonymously. In the actual thread, it showed correctly as the anonymous account. However, in the recent activity / news feed, the "last messages" view, and also on that forum's main page, it showed the new thread with the user's actual username and avatar.

Since this doesn't seem very well supported, I was researching possible replacements. I noticed that a similar error cropped up with ThemeHouse's anonymous add-on, perhaps they are related? Apparently ThemeHouse fixed it in theirs but I have not tried it.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/th-anonymous-posts-and-threads.68600/page-2#post-911757

Maybe (since TH has open-sourced theirs) this could help identify the issue?

Top Bottom