Resource icon

[bd] Anonymous Posting 2.3.2

No permission to download
If anyone's using robohash avatars they have a couple other random image sets you can add in engine.php of the addon, eg

Code:
return sprintf('https://robohash.org/set_set2/%1$s.png?size=%2$dx%2$d',

3fbfd0967fef9cb846085196fd308f50.png

https://robohash.org/

#2 - We experienced a significant bug with this add-on today. A user posted a new thread anonymously. In the actual thread, it showed correctly as the anonymous account. However, in at least three places:
  • the recent activity / news feed
  • the "last messages" view, and
  • that sub-forum's main page
it shows the new thread with the poster's actual username and avatar. This is a huge problem.

This only happens when a new thread is created anonymously. If a user anonymously adds a post to an existing thread, it does not seem to occur.

I believe this bug surfaced during a recent update of XF, probably to 1.5.4 or 1.5.5.

[Edited for clarity.]
@xfrocks is this problem solved or it's only a problem on @Gossipy forum?

In our experience it wasn't solved, at least for those version ranges (1.5.4 - 1.5.8). @xfrocks ignored us (both posts here and private messages) for literally months. Six months to be exact - we heard from him half a year later with a useless "couldn't reproduce it", but by then we had already hired a developer to fix the plug-in. It's worth noting that the developer was able to reproduce the issue right away, so it wasn't just us.

In our experience it wasn't solved, at least for those version ranges (1.5.4 - 1.5.8). @xfrocks ignored us (both posts here and private messages) for literally months. Six months to be exact - we heard from him half a year later with a useless "couldn't reproduce it", but by then we had already hired a developer to fix the plug-in. It's worth noting that the developer was able to reproduce the issue right away, so it wasn't just us.
has this is a free addon do you think that it can be possibile to share the fix with all the addon users here on xenforo?

has this is a free addon do you think that it can be possibile to share the fix with all the addon users here on xenforo?

It wasn't free for us. ;)

Are you experiencing the issue? I think it would be helpful to the community if you explained if you are having the issue, as well as what version numbers of XF and plug-in you are using.

It wasn't free for us. ;)

Are you experiencing the issue? I think it would be helpful to the community if you explained if you are having the issue, as well as what version numbers of XF and plug-in you are using.
I would like to use this add-on... but I fear about the bug you found.

I remember at the time testing with v1.5.5 and it didn't manifest on our installation. Just test again with XenForo v1.5.10 and no problem either. Kinda hard to fix an issue if we can't reproduce it. Our best guess is a conflict with some kind of third party add-on that does extra tracking for forum/thread last post avatar or something like that.

I remember at the time testing with v1.5.5 and it didn't manifest on our installation. Just test again with XenForo v1.5.10 and no problem either. Kinda hard to fix an issue if we can't reproduce it. Our best guess is a conflict with some kind of third party add-on that does extra tracking for forum/thread last post avatar or something like that.
@Gossipy can you list the addons you've installed in the board where this issue came up?

Will this allow anonymous posts only in certain forums or threads? I'm only really interested in anonymous posting for feedback from my community and other minor things; I don't want it as an option across the entire board.

Will this allow anonymous posts only in certain forums or threads? I'm only really interested in anonymous posting for feedback from my community and other minor things; I don't want it as an option across the entire board.
It's configurable for each forum.

Top Bottom