[bd] Alerts [Deleted]

This conflicts with (and yes, I know you have one out also) @Chris D's Xen Pushover.
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method bdAlerts_Model_Alert::getPushoverResponse() - library/XenPushover/ControllerPublic/Account.php:254
Generated By: Tracy, 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://servinglinux.com/account/external-accounts/pushover"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["user"] => string(30) "duhhhh"
    ["device"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["account"] => string(11) "xenpushover"
    ["submit"] => string(23) "Associate with Pushover"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/account/external-accounts"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
New version is available at https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-alerts.4/, you only need to import the XML. Please get back to me if it works (or not).

Appears to work. I had already associated my account on the forum and whenever I tried to change to alert tone was getting an error. No longer occurring.
Also deleted my association and recreated it and worked. Thanks!
Good to know :)

Can we pls have a feature where unread alerts will be removed after X (configurable) days?
This is helpful if we promote an event and do not want users log in weeks after to get the alert.

Thx. :)

Just a question: Is this addon for creating and showing XenForo Alerts or does it really send all alerts to all users by email?

If the later is true: Can email sending be an option for each admin created mass alert?

Can we pls have a feature where unread alerts will be removed after X (configurable) days?
This is helpful if we promote an event and do not want users log in weeks after to get the alert.

Thx. :)
XenForo does that by itself.

Just a question: Is this addon for creating and showing XenForo Alerts or does it really send all alerts to all users by email?

If the later is true: Can email sending be an option for each admin created mass alert?
This add-on does a few things, sending mass alert is one of them but it doesn't deal with email. XenForo has built-in tool to send mass email.

Reactions: HWS
The only admin options for this are:
/admin.php?bdalerts/send
/admin.php?options/list/bdAlerts

Right?

/admin.php?options/list/bdAlerts is the option page.

/admin.php?bdalerts/send is the mass sending tool.

Reactions: rdn
I thought Created Alerts will be save :(
And will automatically sent to new user's matching the criteria.

Can you please make it that way?

Like, I want to send alerts for those user's don't have avatars/no specified gender/no address/etc.
I want same thing as built-in xenForo notices but in way of alerts.
Because alerts are more visible.

Why didn't you push the v0.9.8 here?
Because the time hasn't come.

I thought Created Alerts will be save :(
And will automatically sent to new user's matching the criteria.

Can you please make it that way?
Running criteria is expensive and it cannot be put that way. You may want to use notice for that.

Like, I want to send alerts for those user's don't have avatars/no specified gender/no address/etc.
The add-on uses criteria system and everything is available as they are. Of course, there is differences between this and notice system.

Btw, no avatar criteria is available.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 3.44.41 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 3.44.41 AM.webp
    61.1 KB · Views: 8
In theory how bad of an idea is it to send an alert to every user on a massive forum?

Edit: Just noticed the Multi-steps and Single-step option. I assume the former would make it okay to do by staggering the alerts

From what I understand this add-on enables that for every reply an alert will be send, correct?
So if a watched thread has 10 new replies, I will get 10 new alerts?
Yeah. And please ask question relating to that add-on in its thread.

Top Bottom