[bd] Alerts [Deleted]

Yeah. And please ask question relating to that add-on in its thread.
Yeah, sure, just my concern is not related to that add-on. Or maybe it is, I don't know.

My concern is to make alerts smarter, not to get for every reply an alert.

If you view an alert, if that can make the watched thread also viewed?
This is different than to get for every reply an alert which is just spamming in my opinion.

Yeah, sure, just my concern is not related to that add-on. Or maybe it is, I don't know.

My concern is to make alerts smarter, not to get for every reply an alert.

If you view an alert, if that can make the watched thread also viewed?
This is different than to get for every reply an alert which is just spamming in my opinion.
Ah I see your point. What you are proposing is possible but may cause performance issue. Normally alerts are just marked as read without any processing. In your case, each alerts will need to be checked and appropriate threads will need to be updated too...

Ah I see your point. What you are proposing is possible but may cause performance issue. Normally alerts are just marked as read without any processing. In your case, each alerts will need to be checked and appropriate threads will need to be updated too...
Ah, ok. I don't know the backend process of course. So if you say this may cause performance issues, from what you say it will definitely, then forget my idea.

It is just a bit strange for me and I can't get used to it.
An alert warns us that there is a new reply in our watched thread. And when I view the alert, but don't visit the thread (maybe because I have no time yet), then you won't get anymore alerts. Which is weird because your watched thread gets new replies after new replies but you won't realize it because you forgot to visit the thread to make it unread. And I assume many users don't know this issue and don't realize that they have to visit the watched thread again to get again alerts.
Anyway, thank you for taking your time.

It's running without issue on my 1.5 installation ;)
Chắc có thể cậu không dùng profile post nên không thấy, giờ các comment trong profile post không group vào được nữa, 1 profile post có 100 comment thì sẽ có 100 cái alert :p

This feature is already removed? Since this is now built-in:
Sending tool in AdminCP > Tools > Send Alerts with User Criteria filtering, continue from previous session ability and detail report.

This feature is already removed? Since this is now built-in:
Technically the feature is not removed but its link in AdminCP has been hidden for XenForo 1.5+. If you are running XenForo 1.4 or older, it should show up and work as usual.

Reactions: rdn
I tested long to find out this: When BD Alerts is deactivated, all works fine. When BD Alerts is activated, I have an incompatability issue on Tapatalk mobile app: When I surf on tapatalk and like a post, the autor doesn't receive any alert

And other incompatability: In tapatalk under "alerts" the like alerts aren't shown anymore. only quotes alerts are listed.

Is it possible to fix this on BD alerts side or is this something that tapatalk has to look into it?

I am curious @xfrocks if this is still maintained. Seems like it's been a few years since an update. Is this still relevant and works with xF 1.5+? The alerts on my forum are awful and I am getting almost 100 alerts/day that could be grouped to make probably 10 alerts. Any update would be awesome. I would certainly give you $10 for a maintained plugin that might have a future (improvements).

I am curious @xfrocks if this is still maintained. Seems like it's been a few years since an update. Is this still relevant and works with xF 1.5+? The alerts on my forum are awful and I am getting almost 100 alerts/day that could be grouped to make probably 10 alerts. Any update would be awesome. I would certainly give you $10 for a maintained plugin that might have a future (improvements).
This add-on is pretty well designed and it works flawlessly without many changes. I have it running on xfrocks.com (1.5) and a few other sites running latest version of XenForo (1.5.8). Actually, there is a minor update last Thursday on xfrocks.com FYI.

Top Bottom