BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
regarding to my OP

i found what i was looking for, this was a free add-on still author deleted it..
it still available in other languages i believe..

i have attached to this post if any one else wants it.. or @cclaerhout could build it in..

i did try to make my own templates and stuff but i just don't get the coding m8.. and for me to learn coding would take years before can even build my 1st add-on.

Attachments

@cclaerhout Is there a way to turn off the ability to even use certain buttons in the reply box on an individual user basis? I know you can keep the content from showing to them, but I need the ability to keep them from doing things like attaching images or videos. Thanks.

@cclaerhout Is there a way to turn off the ability to even use certain buttons in the reply box on an individual user basis? I know you can keep the content from showing to them, but I need the ability to keep them from doing things like attaching images or videos. Thanks.
I'm not sure to understand what you want, but if you mean give global permissions to the buttons of the Bbm Bb Codes, yes. If you mean only hide some buttons, in the Quick Reply box and letting them in other view, yes you can, create a custom editor layout, go to the Bbm Buttons Options and set this new layout to XenForo view (or controller) ; there's an explanation over there.

I'm not sure to understand what you want, but if you mean give global permissions to the buttons of the Bbm Bb Codes, yes. If you mean only hide some buttons, in the Quick Reply box and letting them in other view, yes you can, create a custom editor layout, go to the Bbm Buttons Options and set this new layout to XenForo view (or controller) ; there's an explanation over there.
The second, but I don't want to create a full new editor toolbar. What I was wondering is if we could keep the current editor setup, but have a permission for either users or user groups to not be able to use certain functions in the toolbar. As an example, I've got a guy who keeps spamming my board with political meme images. I'd like to be able to block him from being able to link images via the reply box using a permission to either not allow it to go through, or even not to see the image button at all.

The second, but I don't want to create a full new editor toolbar. What I was wondering is if we could keep the current editor setup, but have a permission for either users or user groups to not be able to use certain functions in the toolbar. As an example, I've got a guy who keeps spamming my board with political meme images. I'd like to be able to block him from being able to link images via the reply box using a permission to either not allow it to go through, or even not to see the image button at all.
Sorry but It's still not clear. What are you talking about : Bb Codes (parsing/viewing) or Buttons ?

If it's about buttons, you can't give permissions to a XenForo official button (ref1, ref2) ; if it's a Bbm Bb Code button, then you can: edit this Bb Code and go to its button options.
If it's about Bb Codes perms, check the paragraph 12th of the FAQ

Thanks for the mod. I have to say, I'm a little lost here.

I want to achieve one thing right off the bat and not sure how this is done. At least, I can't find the options for this.

I need to disable IMG, URL, Media bbcodes for only for registered usergroup. How can I do this without the need of creating new promotions?

Thanks for the mod. I have to say, I'm a little lost here.

I want to achieve one thing right off the bat and not sure how this is done. At least, I can't find the options for this.

I need to disable IMG, URL, Media bbcodes for only for registered usergroup. How can I do this without the need of creating new promotions?
See paragraphs 12 & 13 of the FAQ.

Thanks, but it doesn't stop the registered usergroup from attempting to post using those bbcodes. It only avoids parsing them, or if I set it to hide - shows "protected content..." message.

I was hoping to completely prevent the post from going through with the disabled bbcodes and a relevant message stating why the post won't proceed. Is that possible with this mod? Better yet, remove the bbodes from the editor for the specific usergroup as well instead of globally.

Thanks, but it doesn't stop the registered usergroup from attempting to post using those bbcodes. It only avoids parsing them, or if I set it to hide - shows "protected content..." message.

I was hoping to completely prevent the post from going through with the disabled bbcodes and a relevant message stating why the post won't proceed. Is that possible with this mod? Better yet, remove the bbodes from the editor for the specific usergroup as well instead of globally.
That's what I was wondering as well. Doesn't seem as if its possible. Maybe try suggesting it in the suggestion forum.

Hello,

I need your help, I just installed the addon codes Bb & Buttons Manager on my forum (Pomp'Actus - Forum officers and Fire SDIS de France) and I do not know what I do but since wherever there is a tag or img url I have this message instead: this content is protected I tried to change the options: [Bb Codes & Buttons Manager] XenForo Bb Control Codes kidney but are made Do you have an idea of solution

Thank you
sorry for the Google translation (I do not speak English very well, I'm french)

@cclaerhout Is it possible to disable line break conversion for custom bbcodes created in this manager?
Yes. In the 3.2.0 version (wip) there will also have the possibility to trim the content to avoid extra line breaks at the begin or end of the Bb Code content; this is the same system that is using the XenForo spoiler Bb Code but it has been generalized as an option for all Bbm Bb Codes.

i everyone! I want to create a new bbcode template replacement.
The goal ist to have the current post-id in the template.
How can I get this work? Do I need a callback?
Please provide me a example.
Thanks in advantage!

I'm going to reply you in this thread.
Yes you need to use a callback (the best solution is to give your Bb Code an uniq identifier then to use the Bbm listener to extend the params before the template is rendered).
In this callback, just proceed like this to get the post-id (if available):
PHP:
$postid = $parentClass->getPostParam('post_id');

You can check this Bb Code example (line 906).

Note that this post-id is retrieved using information providing by a tags map. In the 3.2.0 version of this addon (under testing), I've fixed two very particular bugs that causes an innacurate tags map.

Oh hey, just noticed a small bug with this. I'm using bbcode & buttons manager v. 3.1.2 with XF 1.4.4.

BBCodes always display in the bbcode help, even if I leave "Display the Bb Code in the public help" unchecked.

Oh hey, just noticed a small bug with this. I'm using bbcode & buttons manager v. 3.1.2 with XF 1.4.4.

BBCodes always display in the bbcode help, even if I leave "Display the Bb Code in the public help" unchecked.
I know, it has already been fixed in the 3.2.0 version (wip status) available on Github.

Is disable of button works for poster and viewer now? And if I disabled button for only "Unregistered / Unconfirmed" and "Registered" groups Administrators and Moderators also can't use button

The URL tag is not working for me. The output doesn't show a link but text enclosed within tags.

I'm using TinyMCE Quattro as my editor. The tag works fine when I disable this BB code addon but it doesn't when I enable it. How do I fix this?

The URL tag is not working for me. The output doesn't show a link but text enclosed within tags.

I'm using TinyMCE Quattro as my editor. The tag works fine when I disable this BB code addon but it doesn't when I enable it. How do I fix this?
FAQ #13

Is disable of button works for poster and viewer now? And if I disabled button for only "Unregistered / Unconfirmed" and "Registered" groups Administrators and Moderators also can't use button
I don't understand. You can"t disable a button for some usergroups, but only enable it for a few usergroups. The usergroup check will look both user primary & secondary usergroups.

Reactions: sgr
Top Bottom