BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
Cedric - if we want to change the options on the default buttons, like using the font awesome icons, how do we access that? Or is that only for custom buttons?

Cedric - if we want to change the options on the default buttons, like using the font awesome icons, how do we access that? Or is that only for custom buttons?
It's only custom buttons otherwise it would require to modify the XenForo Custom Bb Codes Manager.

Thats what I figured. So if I use the import spoiler from the extras package, is it any different really than the Redactor spoiler?
If you want to keep the XenForo spoiler, just create an orphan button with this tag "@spoiler". The only difference will be the modal window asking you for the spoiler title.

@cclaerhout Just wondering if you plan on bringing the font-awesome cdn code up to date, its still pulling version 4.0.3
Code:
$0
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.bbm_fa_integration} == 1">
    <link href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet">
<xen:elseif is="{$xenOptions.bbm_fa_integration} == 2"/>
    <link href="styles/bbm/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
</xen:if>

Personally i have the latest version 4.2.0 in my styles header, but some might not and it will make some icons for other add-on's break, if they are also pulling 4.0.3

@Carla Birch
To be honest, I was aware of the new version of FA but I didn't have time to look at it to check if former code are still compatible as they should be. I had already coded an helper (ref) to get all fonts for 4.0.3 version (in the FA Bb Code addon), so I just reused it. I will update it later. You can try to disable the bbm fa integration (there's an option for this) and check if it's working as expected.

cclaerhout updated BbCodes & Buttons Manager with a new update entry:

Version 3.0.2 released

Version 3.0.2 released
  • Add a function to check buttons when saving a configuration. This will prevent to register any invalid buttons
  • Fix a Redactor plugin problem to be sure it loads on any browsers:
    On Chrome, the Redactor plugin JS object was loaded before the editor configuration initialization. On Firefox, it was the opposite.
    Thanks to Case
  • Fix and update the mini-parser (related to Bb Code protection) to prevent a malformed closing tag to break the page...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've recently had users reporting an issue where BbCode tags occasionally don't render properly and are shown as plain text. This affects all BbCodes (even ones that are available by default, such as URL), and the problem no longer appears when this addon is disabled.

Any advice?

I've recently had users reporting an issue where BbCode tags occasionally don't render properly and are shown as plain text. This affects all BbCodes (even ones that are available by default, such as URL), and the problem no longer appears when this addon is disabled.

Any advice?
Read the paragraph 5 of the FAQ.

Apologies - I have already tried that and it still does not work. Also, I'm running PHP version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4, not 5.2
.xxx
First time this issue is reported then, but probably a problem with a php function. Contact me by pm, I will need: the url of the page with the problem, a ftp access to the BBM library, and may be an admin access with the Bbm permissions enabled. If you have a dev board on the same server, I would prefere to work on it than on your live one.

Issue solved: XenForo Bb Codes had custom permissions (they were disabled).

Last edited:
Having some issues with 1.4 with the protected tag showing protected content and sometimes affecting other things such as images.

2014-09-19_18-46-25.png

stuff like that is becoming:
2014-09-19_18-46-00.png

And when you examine those it says:
<div> class="bbm_protected_title" </div>

Can someone help me set this addon up so when people put links in posts like http://example.com/30342 or http://example.com/4312555, it will put that content in a iframe with certain width and height dimensions?

This way people can only use iframe from this website instead of other websites that can be harmful.
Just create a Bb Code using an iframe with a given url and a suffix. Since the url is fixed your Bb Code will be something like this [myBbCode]urlSuffix[/myBbCode]. You will have to check that the content can only be digits (or characters and digits if needed),this can be done with the listener "bbm_callback_template_pre":
Only digits (strip all characters except digits):
PHP:
$content = preg_replace('#[^0-9]#i', '', $content);
Only digits + characters from a to z:
PHP:
$content = preg_replace('#[^0-9a-z]#i', '', $content);

hi cclaerhout,
Sorry but I am not too fond of most of the vocabulary you used xD!

By any chance can you tell me where to put that bbm_callback_template_pre and also the
$content = preg_replace('#[^0-9]#i', '', $content);

Also do you have a resource that can also help me understand what you explained to me?

Thanks so much. Btw, will this make it so if I put the link http://example.com/4312555 in my thread, it will automatically change to the iframe in the post, without having to use the bbcode tags?

Kind of like how youtube links are automatically made into videos in posts without having to use the [youtube] tag.

Top Bottom