BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
cclaerhout updated BbCodes & Buttons Manager with a new update entry:

Version 1.1 released

Version 1.1 released
  • New utility to convert & export "Custom BB Code Manager" BbCodes
  • New tool to check BbCodes callback integrity
  • 1 line of code changed for php 5.2 retro compatibility (@Thanks to tyteen4a03 & TBDragon)
  • the XenForo quote button name has been corrected (you may need to configure it again in the Button Manager)
  • The Github repository has been redone... I had a bug which prevented me to send updates

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ok, so for those of us who are unintelligent, what's the correct install/upgrade process when you've got Custom BBCode Manager plus all the BBCodes, Advanced BBCode Toolbar plus all the BBCodes, Fix TinyMCE, and Enhanced Tiny all installed currently?

Install new BBCode Manager
Uninstall Custom BBCode Manger
- what do we do with the BBCodes at this point? Leave them? Uninstall, then reinstall and convert?
-Upgrade Advanced Toolbar and Enhanced Tiny?

Is the Picasa add-on setup to work with the new BBCode Manager as well?

Very nice Cedric, the dominator of BB Codes and TinyMCE :)
Thanks, but really it's the XenForo architecture that allows that. I'm really waiting for the XenForo official BbCodes Manager... and for a patch of their html parser (the one that works with the editor).

Ok, so for those of us who are unintelligent, what's the correct install/upgrade process when you've got Custom BBCode Manager plus all the BBCodes, Advanced BBCode Toolbar plus all the BBCodes, Fix TinyMCE, and Enhanced Tiny all installed currently?

Install new BBCode Manager
Uninstall Custom BBCode Manger
- what do we do with the BBCodes at this point? Leave them? Uninstall, then reinstall and convert?
-Upgrade Advanced Toolbar and Enhanced Tiny?

Is the Picasa add-on setup to work with the new BBCode Manager as well?
  1. You DON'T uninstall the Custom Bb Code Manager. You first install this addon. This addon will not be active in the public section (which means it won't parse BbCodes) until the Custom Bb Code Manager directory has been renamed (recommended) or deleted (look at the 30th screenshot). This system is the cleanest way I found to softly migrate without any problems.
  2. The 1.1 version has a tool to convert and export the Custom Bb Code Manager Bb Codes (see the screenshots of the 1.1 version). It will give you a xml file. You will need to import then this xml file. Your Bb Codes will be back.
  3. For the advanced toolbar, you need to upgrade the addon and I recommend you to reimport the Bb Codes (it's just 1 file) checking the option "override existed Bb Codes in the importer"
  4. For the Picasa addon, use the bbcode xml from the advanced toolbar. I didn't upgrade the Picasa Bb Code because it would need to be rewritten, but it's working, so...
  5. For the TinyMCE addons, just import again the orphan buttons (if you already used the converter, it should not be needed).
  6. You will need to reconfigure the Buttons inside the Buttons Manager: configuration can't be export. That's the only thing I don't like but I don't have the time to code/recode this.

Hi Cedric, I decited to switch to your addon. There are some errors with two tags:

errors.webp

How could we correct them? Thank you.

I've 2 problems after updating (which has been easy and fast ) :
  • Highlighting button from Advanced BBcodes Toolbar add-on doesn't want to show even though activated
  • Flash tag with missing callback (KingK_BbCodeManager_BbCode_Formatter_Default) ; Since included by default in the other add-on, I would guess you forget to include it in your new version.
Here what I've done to update things :
  • Installing BbCodes & Buttons Manager 1.1
  • Updating Advanced BBcodes Toolbar
  • Updating TinyMCE Enhancements
  • Exporting all the buttons from your tool (by the way, nice notice, you can't miss it :p) and importing them from the manager.
  • Importing and overwrite orphan buttons from TinyMCE Enhancements package, just to be sure
  • Configuring things in Button Manager
Hi Cedric, I decited to switch to your addon. There are some errors with two tags:
Try to import them again from the package and don't forget to overwrite the old.

View attachment 44915

I've 2 problems after updating (which has been easy and fast ) :
  • Highlighting button from Advanced BBcodes Toolbar add-on doesn't want to show even though activated
  • Flash tag with missing callback (KingK_BbCodeManager_BbCode_Formatter_Default) ; Since included by default in the other add-on, I would guess you forget to include it in your new version.

Normally all Bb Codes using the class KingK_BbCodeManager_BbCode_Formatter_Default shouldn't be in the list of the Bb Codes to convert (*). I must have miss something here. I will check this.
So to answer the questions:
  • About the spoiler and highlighter Bb Codes: reimport the Bb Codes bulk xml files of this addon (see extras directory). These two are in it and the spoiler Bb Code is now using a template so you can customize it if you want.
  • About the user Bb Code, delete it. It has some problems with other addons. There are may be a clean way to do it using templates, I don't know. But since I don't use it, I'm not going to spend time on it.
  • About the flash Bb Code, I would be tempted to make the same reply than above. If someone wants to make one, please do. If there is really nobody, I will give a look.
  • For the Highlighting function of the the Advanced BBcodes Toolbar add-on (will highlight bbcodes tags inside Tiny MCE), I need to check too.
(*): This choice is easy to understand: if you rename the folder of the Custom Bb Code Manager, the callback will not work and if you use the Bb Code in your posts, a sever error will occur. But again, I'm surprised. These BBCM BbCodes with callbacks shouldn't have been listed in the export list. I'm must have made a mistake. I will check this in the next few days.

It doesn't appear for me. Tell me what I could do to check things.
Check the Bb Code (orphan button) configuration. You can send it to me but if you didn't modify anything that is strange. You can also activate this debug option (inside the Button Manager) "[DEBUG] Display TinyMCE hook content" and send to me the datas by pm.

Just seen there is actually no orphan button. Not sure why it has disappeared. I guess it needs to import again buttons from Advanced BBcodes Toolbar add-on.
Here another problem : when I try to import BBM_BbCodes_AdvBbCodes.xml from manager, it says the method callback is not valid. (Veuillez entrer une méthode callback valide.)

Little Bug if discovered.
The Icon image path is set wrong it searches for
Code:
root/styles/BBM/editor/...
But for me the path is
Code:
root/styles/bbm/editor/...
so if change the .php file where the path is build into the editor.

Normally all Bb Codes using the class KingK_BbCodeManager_BbCode_Formatter_Default shouldn't be in the list of the Bb Codes to convert (*). I must have miss something here. I will check this.
So to answer the questions:
  • About the spoiler and highlighter Bb Codes: reimport the Bb Codes bulk xml files of this addon (see extras directory). These two are in it and the spoiler Bb Code is now using a template so you can customize it if you want.
  • About the user Bb Code, delete it. It has some problems with other addons. There are may be a clean way to do it using templates, I don't know. But since I don't use it, I'm not going to spend time on it.
  • About the flash Bb Code, I would be tempted to make the same reply than above. If someone wants to make one, please do. If there is really nobody, I will give a look.
  • For the Highlighting function of the the Advanced BBcodes Toolbar add-on (will highlight bbcodes tags inside Tiny MCE), I need to check too.
(*): This choice is easy to understand: if you rename the folder of the Custom Bb Code Manager, the callback will not work and if you use the Bb Code in your posts, a sever error will occur. But again, I'm surprised. These BBCM BbCodes with callbacks shouldn't have been listed in the export list. I'm must have made a mistake. I will check this in the next few days.

When I re-import the xml (checking the override option) I'm getting this error:

Please enter a valid callback method.
Currently all my spoiler tags doesn't appear unfortunately :(

You tried BBM_BbCode_Spoiler.xml or BBM_BbCode_Bulk.xml ? Because the latter has worked for me, and spoiler is working fine.

No, I've done it with this: BBM_BbCode_BBCM-Converted

I haven't converted like that. Can you send me your xml if you have it? Thanks.

No, I've done it with this: BBM_BbCode_BBCM-Converted

I haven't converted like that. Can you send me your xml if you have it? Thanks.

I've used the extra folder and reimported. spoiler bb code works now. The only one with error is the USER tag. I belive this is for user tagging?

Little Bug if discovered.
The Icon image path is set wrong it searches for
Code:
root/styles/BBM/editor/...
But for me the path is
Code:
root/styles/bbm/editor/...
so if change the .php file where the path is build into the editor.
Thanks! You've right.
You tried BBM_BbCode_Spoiler.xml or BBM_BbCode_Bulk.xml ? Because the latter has worked for me, and spoiler is working fine.
That was the solution indeed :)
I've used the extra folder and reimported. spoiler bb code works now. The only one with error is the USER tag. I belive this is for user tagging?
Yes, but it has problems with a popular addon here. I don't say it's coming from the coding, but it's better to avoid any problems.

Now about the function that should have prevented you to convert these Bb Codes, I've found the explanation: this function wasn't there :coffee:. I had integrated in on a live website and the callback integrity checker had been done on local. Of course I've updated the live website with the local version after ^^

Top Bottom